NERO 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced Update

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. NERO 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced Update 7.5.1.1 dated September 18th. at 189.12
    Meg. now available.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Setup will refuse to install Nero due to incompatibilities with Vista x64.
    If you run setup in XP SP2 compatibility mode, it will start.
    You will not be able which components to install if you choose "Custom"
    installation (don't know why).
    Guess will have to wait for the next revision.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 19, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=

    - Bobb - Guest

    The only UPDATE in the latest release is:
    Version number 7.5.1.1
    Release Date: 2006/09/18

    New Features
    a.. Blu-ray disc data recording

    Otherwise same as Version 7.2.3.2 (june 2006).

    - Bobb -, Sep 19, 2006
  4. Carlos

    I thought this was the XP Pro. x64 area ;-)

    John

    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, Sep 19, 2006
  5. Sorry, my mistake.
    This is both WinXP x64 and Vista x64 area.
    I was half wrong.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2006
  6. Sorry, but there is no "XP" in the newsgroup name. It is
    "windows.64bit.general." It is a platform agnostic ng.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 20, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Same problem here as the Vista newsgroup. Here posters now forget to say
    whether they are posting about Vista or X64 problems and on the Vista site
    they forget to post whether they are working with x86 or x64 Vista.
    Frustrating in both cases.

    John Barnes, Sep 20, 2006
  8. It is even worse on the microsoft.beta.longhorn.application_compatibility
    newsgroup in the TechBeta. The ng is flooded with "Whoopeedoo 1.1 works
    great in Vista!" subject lines. Now that's fine, but does Whoopeedoo 1.1
    really run in x64 too? 99% of the messages never take x64 into account. I
    used to reply "x86 or x64?" constantly but it never got any better. About
    all we can do is write good model subject lines as a good example for others
    (but that only is noticed by the regulars who write good subject lines
    themselves already). I am as frustrated as you.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 21, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: Whoopeedoo 1.1

    I've seen that too and wondered - why not make a Vista x86 and a Vista
    x64 group right off ? I DID go looking - doesn't exist. I did find
    other Vista subgroups but none related to x86/ x64. I tried the
    ..installation group and did find some info there, but like the BETA
    group, it has only 56 messages since June. They need to make the
    newsgroup BEFORE the product, otherwise they just get too big because
    everything ends up in GENERAL. For instance, I notice in my XP.GENERAL
    newsgroup that there are now 20,000+ new messages since Sept 1. Now
    there ARE other subgroups but they didn't exist as XP came out and
    "everyone just started using" the GENERAL group. As a result there is
    not much in the others ( like the beta group above) so if you want an
    answer- you post it in GENERAL - 'cuz that's where everyone is and so on

    - Bobb -, Sep 21, 2006
  10. Re: Whoopeedoo 1.1

    We've been down these roads before. They won't make a newsgroup that they
    don't expect to need for a long time. Once created, NGs don't go away and
    can't be removed, effectively. And they don't want old dead NGs hanging
    around any more than they can help for all sorts of reasons. It was a major
    battle to get this NG, one we won. But we really had to convince the right
    people that there were enough issues around 64bit to justify the NG, and
    especially that there just wasn't any other NG where they wouldn't get lost
    in the clutter. It's turned out to be good, but I think we all expect it to
    be one of those NGs that will, eventually, wither away as 64bit becomes
    simply the mainstream. You don't see any "32bit" newsgroups, nor has there
    been a need for them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 21, 2006
  11. Re: Whoopeedoo 1.1

    Because Vista features are not platform specific.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 21, 2006