Nero 7 RC1 and bootable iso DVDs

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Nero question: is the write speed a function of Nero or the DVD drive ?
    I can't tell if I have flaky media or is it Nero ?
    Lots of issues and I could use some help - is it media or Nero ? My
    download checksum is OK.

    Trying to burn a new Microsoft Vista RC1 DVD and although Nero7 SAYS it
    burned OK and verified OK - I get install issues - each different disk
    has its own same bad files. I try to upgrade Vista and get a file
    error - on DVD #1, xyz.wim is bad and on disk #2 abc.exe is bad etc.
    always same files so sure seems like they were bad when written.
    Error log shows data error after Vista reports the read error on file
    xyz.wim.
    I've burned/wasted 9 DVD's.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Cdrom
    Event ID: 7
    If it's NOT an iso file, I get no errors in error log.
    I just copied 4gb of mp3's to a DVD - that DVD is fine. Error log clean.

    The 3gb file is an iso file to make a bootable DVD and I've done this
    before with the earlier Microsoft downloads.
    On DVD #9 I selected write speed of 1x and while it was burning I could
    see on the screen that it was burning at 4x as it does when I use Nero
    Express. So if gets a read error the first time I try to use it after
    an image burn, does the VERIFY really check the quality of the DVD disk
    ?
    Also - if I put the DVD into another DVD ( readonly) drive in the PC -
    it tells me that the contents of the DVD is a readme.txt file ( not
    really on the DVD) and when I open it , it states something about "can't
    read this UDF... ". I found lots of references to that problem on
    google/MS sites but no solution. Wasting my time and could use some
    advice.
    Thanks
    Bobb
    - Bobb -, Sep 16, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: Nero 7 - burning RC1 to DVD

    DVD #10 ( the one I was burning as I wrote the previous message)
    worked - so maybe selecting x1 DID matter ?? Even though it showed 4x ??
    Confused - but at least x86 vista installed OK this time. When it was
    done, I thought I'd load the HP version of Nero: Vista told me - 'NERO
    is not compatible' - " no known fixes" - so much for that idea.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Sep 16, 2006