    guess
    some driver issue or setting? What? I have XPHome, SP 2 and Nero 7. Any
    help greatly appreciated...

    dan glenn, Jul 9, 2007

  2. dan glenn

    Ponder Guest

    Ponder, Jul 9, 2007

  3. dan glenn

    PeeCee Guest

    "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    news:bk4hlax3y6w9$...
    > Hiya dan glenn.
    >
    > In <news:pzxki.45752$> you wrote:
    >
    >> When Nero tries to play a DVD, the screen momentarily flashes (their
    >> screen viewing tool) to bigger size

    > Why are you using a CD/DVD burning package to play DVDs?

    snip

    Ponder

    The default install of Nero 7 sets video formats to play through Nero
    Showtime which is part of the Nero Suite that comes with new DVD burners.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 10, 2007
  4. dan glenn

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PeeCee.

    In <news:f6ug4m$1qr$> you wrote:

    >> Why are you using a CD/DVD burning package to play DVDs?

    > The default install of Nero 7 sets video formats to play through Nero
    > Showtime which is part of the Nero Suite that comes with new DVD burners.

    I know, that's not what I asked. I always turn these off on any Nero
    install. Nero was designed for burning not for playing, and to let it run
    rampant with all your file associations is a bad idea.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 10, 2007
  5. dan glenn

    PeeCee Guest

    "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya PeeCee.
    >
    > In <news:f6ug4m$1qr$> you wrote:
    >
    >>> Why are you using a CD/DVD burning package to play DVDs?

    >> The default install of Nero 7 sets video formats to play through Nero
    >> Showtime which is part of the Nero Suite that comes with new DVD burners.

    > I know, that's not what I asked. I always turn these off on any Nero
    > install. Nero was designed for burning not for playing, and to

    <quote>
    >let it run
    > rampant with all your file associations is a bad idea.

    </quote>

    And that is something that is starting to p.. me off with these 'default'
    installs.
    At one time one could reasonable expect the default install settings to be
    free of 'grab all' file associations and invasive 'toolbars', the one
    exception for a long time being Real Player.

    Nowadays I've got to spend as much time unticking toolbars and file
    associations as I spend clicking the OK and Install buttons when rebuilding
    a PC.
    What's annoying is even paid for software (Nero 7 updates in this case)
    try's to foist a 'Search' toolbar on one.

    The sooner the Software Industry realises they are pi..ing their customers
    off the better, though I'm not holding my breath.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 11, 2007
  6. dan glenn

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PeeCee.

    In <news:f713m1$k80$> you wrote:

    > And that is something that is starting to p.. me off with these 'default'
    > installs.
    > At one time one could reasonable expect the default install settings to be
    > free of 'grab all' file associations and invasive 'toolbars', the one
    > exception for a long time being Real Player.
    > Nowadays I've got to spend as much time unticking toolbars and file
    > associations as I spend clicking the OK and Install buttons when rebuilding
    > a PC.
    > What's annoying is even paid for software (Nero 7 updates in this case)
    > try's to foist a 'Search' toolbar on one.
    > The sooner the Software Industry realises they are pi..ing their customers
    > off the better, though I'm not holding my breath.

    What can I say? I'm with you 100% on this one.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 11, 2007