    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
    please?"

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 29, 2006

  2. Good post.
    Just install only what you need.
    No Nero Scout, no Nero Backit Up, no Nero Home.
    Keeps your system running with no errors.
    BTW, are you having audio skips when burning audio CD's from mp3's?

    Carlos
    P.S.: A newer Nero 7.5 is hanging around in you-know-what-I-mean sites. :-D

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Ok don't laught buy I am using Windows Media Player 10 and it works great.
    In fact, did exactly that today. Made a custom 80's music CD from some mp3
    files I had so I don't get skips.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 30, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    Well, I used the Nero Product Setup to do the update on my machine. It
    got about half way through, and said that a file was bad and it had to
    end the setup, and the little progress bar backed up to the end. I come
    to find out it has uninstalled Nero from my machine, it didn't fix that
    part! Now I have to dig up my serial number and try again :-(

    Don Awalt, Aug 30, 2006
  5. You know, I'm still happily running 6.6. I bought the upgrade to 7.x, but
    honestly didn't like the "improved" interface and overall gobbledygook of
    it, and uninstalled and went back.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 30, 2006
  6. The update feature in Nero seems buggy. I had no problem with it but a
    friend of mine did. I have gone to just downloading it from their site and
    updating manually which works flawlessly.

    You might be able to download the update manually and then try applying it
    locally. If that does not work, try the following:

    Reboot the machine.
    Delete the contents of the config.msi file where Nero created its backup
    files.
    Run a cache cleaner such as CCleaner.
    Uninstall Nero completely.
    Reboot the machine.
    Reinstall Nero.

    That I know works.
    Dont forget to defrag as it will dump about at least 200 gig on you hd.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 30, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    mabra Guest

    Hi All !

    Anybody out here, who knows, if writing DVD-RAM in UDF formats [1.x-2.x]
    is now available/working? So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
    a-like device driver or somnething like that?

    Thanks a lot,
    Manfred

    mabra, Sep 2, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:09:18 +0200, mabra <mabra@home> wrote:

    >So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
    >a-like device driver or somnething like that?

    InCD is still not x64-compatible.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 2, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    mabra Guest

    Hi !

    Thanks,

    Manfred

    mabra, Sep 3, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Mabra!

    mabra Wrote:

    > Anybody out here, who knows, if writing DVD-RAM in UDF formats [1.x-2.x]
    > is now available/working? So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
    > a-like device driver or somnething like that?

    There is a DVD-RAM driver, that can be downloaded from PlanetAMD64:

    ---------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------

    DVD-RAM Driver Software for Windows XP x64 Edition:

    Drives Supported:

    MATSHITA(Panasonic)
    For DVD Multi drive models:

    SW-9571,SW-9572,SW-9573
    SW-9574,SW-9581,SW-9582
    SW-9583,SW-9584,SW-9585
    UJ-815, UJ-825, UJ-835
    UJ-845, UJ-846

    For LG Electronic's drives:
    HL-DT-ST:
    GMA-4020B, GMA-4080N, GSA-4040B,
    GSA-4080B, GSA-4081B, GSA-4082B,
    GSA-4120B, GSA-4160B, GSA-4163B, GSA-4167B

    Link to the driver download:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=758

    You will have to register on PlanetAMD64, in order to download drivers.

    There's a threat discussing DVD-RAM drivers here:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=17286&st=0&p=175684&#entry175684

    --
    Kind Regards
    LDJ