    out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
    Thanks,
    Dick

    Miles, May 16, 2005

  2. Miles

    Bratboy Guest

    "Miles" <> wrote in message
    news:0WThe.33358$fI.22661@fed1read05...
    > Where can I find step by step instructions on the use of Nero 6
    > to burn a DVD? I have transferred digital video to my computer
    > and edited it using Windows Movie Maker. But I can't figure
    > out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
    > Thanks,
    > Dick

    If your using NVE it should be very self explanitory as the windows actually
    walk you thru it but here are the basic steps

    1) Launch NVE. On the very first window the top option of "What do you want
    to do" is Make DVD, I always select DVD vidoe from the 2 choices.
    2) Once you make that choice the next window gives you the options for
    adding the vid files and creating chapters. When done hit next
    3) chose and create menus if you want em (for more menu templates visit nero
    site) then hit next
    4) next window will give you preview of how the disc will play, I never mess
    with this window and just click next
    5) at this window you get choices of burn to DVD burn to file folder etc. I
    personally prefer to make mine using the write to HD files/folders and do
    burn to DVD out of Nero BR but you can do it directly from NVE if you wish.
    Reason I do it this way tho is so I can use a proggy like Windvd to open DVD
    from folder to make sure audio is insync before I burn a disc thats not. I
    usually only have problems with audio sync on HD pal captured and converted
    to Xvid as the base AVI. Sometimes NVE does great but others the audio will
    start going out about 50% thru.

    For burning directly out of NeroBR
    Open Nero, select DVD video as your choice, click new. You will get a 2
    panel explorer type window. One side lists the new compilation your making
    and the other side lists your HD's. browse to where you made the dvd on hd,
    open the videots folder select the files and drag them to the Video_ts
    folder on new compilation and then simply select the burn button and your
    done

    Bratboy, May 17, 2005

  3. Miles

    Miles Guest

    Thanks. I'll try this.
    Dick

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Miles, May 17, 2005
  4. Miles

    Miles Guest

    I have succeeded in burning a DVD that will play on my DVD player, thanks
    to your explanation. (I previously edited my video using Windows Movie
    Maker successfully). Now I am trying to figure out how to edit my videos
    with Vision Express 3. I have two questions:

    1. I can't figure out how to make a title other than to have it overwrite the
    video. I just want to insert a plain title page. I see the positional box
    in the storyboard and it says "insert transition here by dropping it
    from asset view above. What is an asset view. I can't find such a
    thing.

    2. Why is there no HELP button available in Vision Express 3? I really do
    need it!

    Thanks,
    Dick

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Bratboy" wrote:

    If your using NVE it should be very self explanatory as the windows actually
    walk you thru it but here are the basic steps

    1) Launch NVE. On the very first window the top option of "What do you want
    to do" is Make DVD, I always select DVD video from the 2 choices.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Miles, May 23, 2005
  5. Miles

    LEGOPIMP

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    NERO 6 DVD Audio Synce Problems

    Heya,

    Just captured a 3 hour VHS PAL tape using my WinFAST PVR card as MPEG2, highest quality possible, file is about 8.5GB. When I use NeroVision to make a DVD of it, it imports it and says it'll take about 7GB, which is fine as I assume my vid has more info than needed. Then I added about 40 chapters, burnt to disc and about half way through the audio goes out of sync. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Or is Nero simply not good enough to handle it? Would it make a difference if I go to hdd before burning? Or is could it be something I did during the chapter adding process? As I did go forward and back several times to get the chapters in the best spot (ie up/down arrows to agjust teconds/frame postition)?

    Appreciate any help/suggestions.

    Cheers!

    LEGOPIMP, Sep 30, 2006