nero 6 suite 1 question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PMD, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. PMD

    PMD Guest

    Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it yet. I've
    pasted the description below. All I want to do is back up my DVD
    collection and make copies of some that are scratched. I am not sure,
    given the description below, that I can do that. Is Nero Express
    (which is included) the program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD
    shrink and it works great. hanks,

    The description for NERO is as follows:

    Nero 6 Suite 1

    Nero 6 suite 1 includes

    Nero StartSmart:

    StartSmart is the project launcher that makes it easy to navigate this
    powerful software. All the tools you need are organized together and
    available with the click of a mouse. StartSmart has every coll effect
    and editing tool you will ever need to take your projects to the next
    level.

    Nero Express 6:

    The fastest way to perfect results. Whether you are a beginner or an
    expert, Nero Express guides you quickly and easily through your
    projects.

    InCD 4:

    This intelligent package writing solution has been improved through
    the use of SmartDetect technology, which will instantly recognize new
    recorders.

    Nero Vision Express 2*:

    With the new advanced video authoring of Nero Vision Express 2, you
    can capture video, or use existing video files, then edit, add effects
    and transitions, create your menus and titles, layer the whole thing
    over your favorite music, then burn to DVD and VCD and SVCD. You can
    also use Nero Vision Express 2 to create great looking slide shows in
    a snap.

    Nero ShowTime*:

    An integrated DVD player is added for playing back your video files.
    Nero ShowTime's image quality and clear sound will definitely impress
    many.

    Nero Media Player

    Toolkit

    Cover Designer.

    *does not support SVCD and DVD-video -

    **DVD burner & plug-in required

    PMD, Jan 24, 2004

  2. PMD

    Lithurge Guest

    (PMD) wrote in

    > Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it
    > yet. I've pasted the description below. All I want to do is
    > back up my DVD collection and make copies of some that are
    > scratched. I am not sure, given the description below, that
    > I can do that. Is Nero Express (which is included) the
    > program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD shrink and it
    > works great. hanks,
    >
    > The description for NERO is as follows:
    >

    > Nero Vision Express 2*:
    >

    > *does not support SVCD and DVD-video -
    >
    > **DVD burner & plug-in required

    Having the freebie OEM version and from the description I
    think you need to purchase the MPEG 2 plugin to go with
    Vision Express to be able to backup dvd's etc...

    However a program a lot of people have mentioned as being
    useful for this purpose is DVD Shrink. Try a search on Google
    - it's free.

    Lithurge, Jan 24, 2004

  3. PMD

    Skid Guest

    "Lithurge" <> wrote in message
    > (PMD) wrote in

    > Having the freebie OEM version and from the description I
    > think you need to purchase the MPEG 2 plugin to go with
    > Vision Express to be able to backup dvd's etc...
    >
    > However a program a lot of people have mentioned as being
    > useful for this purpose is DVD Shrink. Try a search on Google
    > - it's free.

    The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero Recode, also in
    the suite, will do the same compression and re-authoring chores as DVD
    Shrink (it uses the same engine.)

    Skid, Jan 25, 2004
  4. PMD

    Lithurge Guest

    "Skid" <> wrote in

    > The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero
    > Recode, also in the suite, will do the same compression and
    > re-authoring chores as DVD Shrink (it uses the same
    > engine.)

    Which means no more freebie DVDShrink.

    Lithurge, Jan 25, 2004
  5. PMD

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:34:39 GMT, "Skid" <>
    Gave us:

    Wrong fucking group, dipshits!

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  6. PMD

    Bill Guest

    > > The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero
    > > Recode, also in the suite, will do the same compression and
    > > re-authoring chores as DVD Shrink (it uses the same
    > > engine.)
    > >

    > Which means no more freebie DVDShrink.

    DVD Shrink is supposed to remain available, though the author is promising
    only bug fixes in the future, no new features.

    Bill, Jan 25, 2004
  7. PMD

    Dunf Guest

    "PMD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it yet. I've
    > pasted the description below. All I want to do is back up my DVD
    > collection and make copies of some that are scratched. I am not sure,
    > given the description below, that I can do that. Is Nero Express
    > (which is included) the program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD
    > shrink and it works great. hanks,
    >
    > The description for NERO is as follows:
    >

    > Nero 6 Suite 1
    >
    > Nero 6 suite 1 includes
    >
    > Nero StartSmart:
    >
    > StartSmart is the project launcher that makes it easy to navigate this
    > powerful software. All the tools you need are organized together and
    > available with the click of a mouse. StartSmart has every coll effect
    > and editing tool you will ever need to take your projects to the next
    > level.
    >
    > Nero Express 6:
    >
    > The fastest way to perfect results. Whether you are a beginner or an
    > expert, Nero Express guides you quickly and easily through your
    > projects.
    >
    > InCD 4:
    >
    > This intelligent package writing solution has been improved through
    > the use of SmartDetect technology, which will instantly recognize new
    > recorders.
    >
    > Nero Vision Express 2*:
    >
    > With the new advanced video authoring of Nero Vision Express 2, you
    > can capture video, or use existing video files, then edit, add effects
    > and transitions, create your menus and titles, layer the whole thing
    > over your favorite music, then burn to DVD and VCD and SVCD. You can
    > also use Nero Vision Express 2 to create great looking slide shows in
    > a snap.
    >
    > Nero ShowTime*:
    >
    > An integrated DVD player is added for playing back your video files.
    > Nero ShowTime's image quality and clear sound will definitely impress
    > many.
    >
    > Nero Media Player
    >
    > Toolkit
    >
    > Cover Designer.
    >
    > *does not support SVCD and DVD-video -
    >
    > **DVD burner & plug-in required

    You can copy a cd by using express or the regular method.

    Dunf, Jan 27, 2004