    Frohike Guest

    Did they make some bloopers like in Monsters, Toy Story and Bug's Life? I
    can't find them in either discs and 2 easter eggs.

    Frohike, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Frohike

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:45:27 GMT, Frohike wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Did they make some bloopers like in Monsters, Toy Story and Bug's
    > Life? I can't find them in either discs and 2 easter eggs.

    The 'bloopers' are usually in the credits. Finding Nemo has interesting
    stuff in the credits though it's not really bloopers.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)

    Codswallop, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Frohike

    Peter Guest

    I think the bloopers thing has gotten old myself.
    Bugs Life (if i recall) was the first to do it. Which was cool, and neat
    for those of us (like myself) who stayed for the credits. Reminded me of
    old flicks like Canonball Run

    However when Toy Story II did it, it was a bunch of lame fart jokes.

    Monsters Inc did a better job, but they were still ho-hum. The "irony"
    of cartoon bloopers had worn itself out... I'm glad they didn't do it
    for finding Nemo, time to move on.

    Codswallop wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:45:27 GMT, Frohike wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >

    >>Did they make some bloopers like in Monsters, Toy Story and Bug's
    >>Life? I can't find them in either discs and 2 easter eggs.

    > The 'bloopers' are usually in the credits. Finding Nemo has interesting
    > stuff in the credits though it's not really bloopers.

    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the
    computer you will find at least two human errors,

    Peter, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Frohike

    Codswallop Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:42:42 GMT, Peter wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > I think the bloopers thing has gotten old myself.
    > Bugs Life (if i recall) was the first to do it. Which was cool, and
    > neat for those of us (like myself) who stayed for the credits.
    > Reminded me of old flicks like Canonball Run
    >
    > However when Toy Story II did it, it was a bunch of lame fart jokes.
    >
    > Monsters Inc did a better job, but they were still ho-hum. The "irony"
    > of cartoon bloopers had worn itself out... I'm glad they didn't do it
    > for finding Nemo, time to move on.

    Yeah, I liked the Monsters Inc credits; the "Put that thing back where
    it came from or so help me" bit.

    Bug's Life did it best -- especially with the cardboard standee bit.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Nov 7, 2003
  5. >I think the bloopers thing has gotten old myself.
    >Bugs Life (if i recall) was the first to do it. Which was cool, and neat
    >for those of us (like myself) who stayed for the credits. Reminded me of
    >old flicks like Canonball Run
    >
    >However when Toy Story II did it, it was a bunch of lame fart jokes.
    >
    >Monsters Inc did a better job, but they were still ho-hum. The "irony"
    >of cartoon bloopers had worn itself out... I'm glad they didn't do it
    >for finding Nemo, time to move on.

    Exactly.

    The thing that makes real bloopers funny is that someone actually screwed up.

    The problem with cartoon bloopers is that the blooper is typically staged.
    Unless you are very creative and humorous at the same time, you're not going to
    be able to think up something that's really original, funny, and seemingly
    genuine all at the same time.

    Most staged cartoon bloopers are as much fun to watch as a staged football play
    of an XFL game. It's obvious why that didn't last very long. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Frohike

    Jay G Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote ...
    > I think the bloopers thing has gotten old myself.
    > Bugs Life (if i recall) was the first to do it. Which was cool, and neat
    > for those of us (like myself) who stayed for the credits. Reminded me of
    > old flicks like Canonball Run
    >
    > However when Toy Story II did it, it was a bunch of lame fart jokes.
    >
    > Monsters Inc did a better job, but they were still ho-hum. The "irony"
    > of cartoon bloopers had worn itself out... I'm glad they didn't do it
    > for finding Nemo, time to move on.

    They mention on the Nemo commentary that they thought the bloopers
    gag had gone as far as it could, and that the success of the company
    play at the end of Monster's Inc. inspired them to try something new
    during the credits for Nemo.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Frohike

    stankley Guest

    (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in message news:<>...

    > The problem with cartoon bloopers is that the blooper is typically staged.

    **Typically** staged? You're implying that these CGI characters may
    go off and do something that's not scripted. Now that would be
    something!!!

    stankley, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Frohike

    Peter Guest

    stankley wrote:
    > (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in message news:<>...
    >

    >>The problem with cartoon bloopers is that the blooper is typically staged.
    >>

    > **Typically** staged? You're implying that these CGI characters may
    > go off and do something that's not scripted. Now that would be
    > something!!!

    Actually, In a sense, they can...
    Watch the real bloopers for Shrek. You'll see some pretty F'ed up
    Renderings. And having done 3D animation myself. I can assure you that
    weird things can happen when you least expect it (ie. Clothes going one
    way, person going the other).
    I had a friend who did a quick animation of a guy running.
    Midway through the run, the arms suddenly stopped their movement, froze
    dead, while the guy kept running. It was silly, and an easy mistake
    forgetting to have the shoulder rotations continue for the last frames.
    But it was funny. we constantly bug him to this day about it. (Guess you
    had to be there.)

    But for a CGI character to forget their lines. Umm, no. unless they took
    bloopers from the voice actors, and animated them. Now that would be
    neat. Ever hear the thundercat outtakes.. Hilarious. Do a google search
    if interested.

    Peter, Nov 8, 2003
  9. In news:,
    LASERandDVDfan <> said in a panic:
    > Most staged cartoon bloopers are as much fun to watch as a staged
    > football play of an XFL game. It's obvious why that didn't last very
    > long. - Reinhart

    What's your source on the XFL being "staged?" Please, tell me when
    has Vincent Kennedy McMahon Jr. come out and ever said it was
    "staged."

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 11, 2003