    own network..could they be causing problems for my own wireless network?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Dave
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jld2UgRGF2ZQ==?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jld2UgRGF2ZQ==?=

    Tony Guest

    "Crewe Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Checking for 'available networks' (XP) reveals that some of my neighbors
    > must have added wireless over the holidays..and I'm noticing that my own
    > wireless connection (Linksys 802.11b) is prone to dropping the connection
    > (even though I've identified it as the one to search and automatically
    > connect to).
    >
    > The signal strength from some of these new networks looks as strong as my
    > own network..could they be causing problems for my own wireless network?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Dave

    Maybe, have you tried using a different channel IIRC 1, 6 or 11 (non
    overlapping channels) give the best connection.
    Tony, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Re: Neighbors have wireless..maybe causing problems for my wirless

    Tony - thanks - changing the channel - best accomplished through the router
    interface window in IE? It's been a while since I set this up...

    Appreciate the help.

    Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jld2UgRGF2ZQ==?=, Jan 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jld2UgRGF2ZQ==?=

    Tony Guest

    "Crewe Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Tony - thanks - changing the channel - best accomplished through the
    > router
    > interface window in IE? It's been a while since I set this up...
    >
    > Appreciate the help.
    >
    > Dave

    Yes you will have to log into the router and find where the channel is set.
    PC's should automatically sense the change.
    Tony, Jan 3, 2005