  1. Hello. I suspect someone is using my wireless connection. Where can I look
    to see who has been using it either in windows xp or my router settings?
    Thank You

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsZEl6VGhhV2luZA==?=, Oct 5, 2006

  2. just ping around in dos box , like if your xp is 10.0.0.2 and laptop
    10.0.0.3 , try 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.4...
    And use advanced security in router
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Oct 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsZEl6VGhhV2luZA==?=

    Malke Guest

    WildIzThaWind wrote:

    > Hello. I suspect someone is using my wireless connection. Where can I
    > look to see who has been using it either in windows xp or my router
    > settings? Thank You

    Log onto the router's configuration page. Normally you do this by
    entering the router's IP address in a browser's addressbar. Ex. for a
    Linksys is http://192.168.1.1 [enter]. Refer to your router manual for
    details.

    On mine (Linksys), if you look under Status>Local Network there's a
    button to show the DHCP Client Table. Click that to see all the
    computers currently being given IP addresses.

    If your router's wireless security settings are properly configured,
    your neighbor shouldn't be able to do this. Make sure you:

    1. Change the username/password for router administration.
    2. Change the SSID from the default to something you'll recognize. I
    don't recommend using your family name.
    3. Set encryption to the highest level all your computers support such
    as WPA2-Personal as opposed to WEP.

    Here are some links to help you:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Tom's Hardware Wireless Security FAQs
    http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2006/06/30/wireless_faq_security/index.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Oct 5, 2006
  4. Which Router are you using?... --
    Mirosa

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJldzIzMDRmaW5jaGRhbGU=?=, Oct 5, 2006