    Has anyone else noticed this flaw? Anyway to change this EXIF data after the
    fact?

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 08:30:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Larry R Harrison
    Jr" <> wrote:

    >I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700 and I have noticed a flaw--when you convert NEF
    >files to JPEG, the EXIF data of the JPEG contains the date the JPEG was
    >"developed" from the RAW file, not the actual date the photo was taken. I
    >have upgraded Nikon Capture to version 4.1.2
    >
    >Has anyone else noticed this flaw? Anyway to change this EXIF data after the
    >fact?

    What program are you looking at the exif in? I use NE 6.2.2 to convert NEFs
    from my D70 and in PSP8 there is the date/time of the conversion in Date
    and Time field and then the original data and Time in the Original and
    Digitized data and time fields.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Nikon View 6.

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:42:00 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Larry R Harrison
    Jr" <> wrote:

    >Nikon View 6.

    NE that part of NV6.2.2 seems to preserve this. On a NEF from my 5700. So
    the problem would appear to be NC. What does Nikon Tech Support say about
    this, since you're a paying customer?

    Ed Ruf, Jan 2, 2005