    Regards,

    Dave C.

    , Dec 12, 2013

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I had to replace my older computer with one with Win8.1...just getting used
    >to it. Seems pretty good so far.
    >
    > I had Nero on my old XP and went to Softpedia and downloaded Nero-9-Free.
    > I would have expected a small 'exe' file but it downloaded a large 54mb
    > file.
    >
    > I guess this is the whole installation program instead of a small 'exe'
    > one using the internet for the installation files.
    >
    > Does this sound right? I have not run it as of yet.
    >
    > On the Softpedia site, there are many dozens of burners listed, most of
    > them unknown to me. Nero is the only one I am familiar with. I am sure
    > there are other fine ones unknown to me.
    >
    > If there are not any reservation on the large 54mb file, I probably ill
    > run it.
    >
    > There is a burner with Win8.1 but it is pretty lame and not easy to use.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave C.

    A 54MB file has not been large for about 10 years. Indeed, it's on the small
    side these days.

    But whatever. It is what it is and you can't change it. Just load the file
    and do what it says.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 12, 2013

  3. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I had to replace my older computer with one with Win8.1...just getting used to it. Seems pretty good so far.
    >
    > I had Nero on my old XP and went to Softpedia and downloaded Nero-9-Free. I would have expected a small 'exe' file but it downloaded a large 54mb file.
    >
    > I guess this is the whole installation program instead of a small 'exe' one using the internet for the installation files.
    >
    > Does this sound right? I have not run it as of yet.
    >
    > On the Softpedia site, there are many dozens of burners listed, most of them unknown to me. Nero is the only one I am familiar with. I am sure there are other fine ones unknown to me.
    >
    > If there are not any reservation on the large 54mb file, I probably ill run it.
    >
    > There is a burner with Win8.1 but it is pretty lame and not easy to use.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave C.

    Here is a functional description.

    http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...vation-license-or-serial-key-number-required/

    *******

    Imgburn is also free, and is probably a smaller download.
    Imgburn used to be a "clean" download, but now you should
    watch for toolbars.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imgburn

    "Versions 2.5.1.0 on included optional Ask.com adware in the
    installer, which was replaced in version 2.5.8.0 with
    OpenCandy adware."

    Which means don't click any install buttons too fast.

    Older versions of Imgburn are available. If you can be sure
    that something before 2.5.1.0 is clean.

    http://www.oldversion.com/windows/imgburn/

    When using Imgburn, there is an audio prompt you might
    want to turn off.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 12, 2013
  4. Guest

    On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:00:15 PM UTC-8, wrote:
    > I had to replace my older computer with one with Win8.1...just getting used to it. Seems pretty good so far.
    >

    > I had Nero on my old XP and went to Softpedia and downloaded Nero-9-Free. I would have expected a small 'exe' file but it downloaded a large 54mb file.
    >

    > I guess this is the whole installation program instead of a small 'exe' one using the internet for the installation files.
    >

    > Does this sound right? I have not run it as of yet.
    >

    > On the Softpedia site, there are many dozens of burners listed, most of them unknown to me. Nero is the only one I am familiar with. I am sure there are other fine ones unknown to me.
    >

    > If there are not any reservation on the large 54mb file, I probably ill run it.
    >

    > There is a burner with Win8.1 but it is pretty lame and not easy to use.
    >

    > Regards,
    >

    > Dave C.

    Thanks very much...very helpful. Appreciate your time.

    Best regards,

    Dave C

    , Dec 13, 2013