    Thanks

    --

    Rich

    Rich, Nov 7, 2008

  2. Rich

    alexd Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been taken
    > offline.

    $ wget sipdnld.mitel.com
    --2008-11-07 23:19:11-- http://sipdnld.mitel.com/
    Resolving sipdnld.mitel.com... 216.191.234.138
    Connecting to sipdnld.mitel.com|216.191.234.138|:80... failed: Connection
    refused.

    Cute! It would be nice of them to put up a simple message of explanation if
    they're going to withdraw the service. OTOH, it may be down for
    maintenance.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    23:19:29 up 23 days, 4:10, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05

    alexd, Nov 7, 2008

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >> The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been
    >> taken
    >> offline.

    > $ wget sipdnld.mitel.com
    > --2008-11-07 23:19:11-- http://sipdnld.mitel.com/
    > Resolving sipdnld.mitel.com... 216.191.234.138
    > Connecting to sipdnld.mitel.com|216.191.234.138|:80... failed: Connection
    > refused.
    >
    > Cute! It would be nice of them to put up a simple message of explanation
    > if
    > they're going to withdraw the service. OTOH, it may be down for
    > maintenance.
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 23:19:29 up 23 days, 4:10, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05
    > They call me titless because I have no tits

    Yes, there's a higlighted note at the top of this page -
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel MiNET to SIP Conversion that
    suggests that the site has been taken down.

    This kind of 'Iron Curtain' approach to support by Mitel wouldn't exactly
    persuade me to recommend them to a prospective client ;-) I don't think they
    are doing themselves any favours. At this rate the Mitel handsets will be
    binned and replaced with something more 'open'.

    --

    Rich

    Rich, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Rich

    Guest

    On Nov 8, 5:08 am, "Rich" <> wrote:
    > "alexd" <> wrote in message

    > > Rich wrote:

    > >> The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been
    > >> taken
    > >> offline.

    > > They call me titless because I have no tits

    > Yes, there's a higlighted note at the top of this page -http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+MiNET+to+SIP+Conversionthat
    > suggests that the site has been taken down.

    Yeah and the kicker is that under the Firewall/Nat settings on the
    phones, the suggested discovery URL is http://sipdnld.mitel.com/Remote.shtml
    with the server down the phones don't get the public IP of the
    firewall they are behind and can/will run into problems there. I
    agree, when it comes time to buy new phones I won't be looking at
    Mitel, I'll go for the ones that have a history of providing firmware
    updates on their website.

    Marc.

    , Nov 10, 2008