    Gradwell don't do it

    Thanks

    https://www.mixmaster.it

    George Orwell, Oct 15, 2007

  2. George Orwell

    Paul Cupis Guest

    George Orwell wrote:
    > Needed
    >
    > Fax2email on a UK geographic number, which will encrypt the attachement
    > to PGP/GNUPG or send the fax as a password protected RAR file.
    >
    > YAC don't do it
    > Gradwell don't do it

    How much are you prepared to pay for this service?

    Paul Cupis, Oct 15, 2007

  3. On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:12:07 +0200 (CEST), George Orwell wrote:
    > Fax2email on a UK geographic number, which will encrypt the attachement
    > to PGP/GNUPG or send the fax as a password protected RAR file.

    I think InterFAX (see http://www.interfax.net) can do that.

    Christof

    http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
    mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org

    Christof Meerwald, Oct 15, 2007
  4. George Orwell

    old man Guest

    Lets see, you want to fax a doc to an email address and include a rar
    file?????????

    old man, Oct 16, 2007
  5. George Orwell

    Paul Hayes Guest

    old man wrote:
    > Lets see, you want to fax a doc to an email address and include a rar
    > file?????????
    >
    > "George Orwell" <> wrote in message
    >> Needed
    >>
    >> Fax2email on a UK geographic number, which will encrypt the attachement
    >> to PGP/GNUPG or send the fax as a password protected RAR file.
    >>
    >> YAC don't do it
    >> Gradwell don't do it
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    >> non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    >> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    >> di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    >> Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    >> https://www.mixmaster.it

    No, he wants someone to provide a phone number which, when someone sends
    a fax to it, the fax is converted to a data file which is encrypted or
    compressed in a password protected RAR file, then emailed to him.

    I'm only aware of companies you've already mentioned who will simply
    email an image file.

    --
    Working Email:

    paul-at-polog40-dot-co-dot-uk

    Paul Hayes, Oct 16, 2007
  6. George Orwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Hayes" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : No, he wants someone to provide a phone number which,
    : : when someone sends a fax to it, the fax is converted to
    : : a data file which is encrypted or compressed in a
    : : password protected RAR file, then emailed to him.
    : :
    : : I'm only aware of companies you've already mentioned
    : : who will simply email an image file.

    Ye gods, wouldn't it be cheaper and less hassle to buy a fax machine..?!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 16, 2007
  7. George Orwell

    Graham. Guest

    Have you been away Ivor, not seen you post for a while.
    Ron told me he is "giving up on poxy VoIP" as soon
    as his voip.co.uk contract ends.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 16, 2007
  8. Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Ye gods, wouldn't it be cheaper and less hassle to buy a fax machine..?!

    What about a small fax modem plugged into an ATA which is T.38 compliant
    ........ actually... would that work to recieve faxes from a regular fax
    machine over a voip line ?

    A neat trick if it did as you could take your "fax machine" and phone
    number everywhere you went !

    Saying that, I have a fax/printer/scanner in a box downstairs purchased
    3 years ago and never used.
    I'll pull it out and see what happens when I run it through the 2nd voip
    port on my Draytek.

    Pete
    --
    http://www.commercial-gym-equipment.co.uk
    Name says it all really!

    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Oct 16, 2007
  9. George Orwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    : : Have you been away Ivor, not seen you post for a while.
    : : Ron told me he is "giving up on poxy VoIP" as soon
    : : as his voip.co.uk contract ends.

    Yes, been in California and Arizona (ye gods it was hot in Phoenix, 100
    degrees..!) so missed most of it. Does this mean he will also be giving up
    on this group..? Somehow I doubt it.......................

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 17, 2007
  10. George Orwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote in message
    : : Ivor Jones wrote:
    : :
    : : : Ye gods, wouldn't it be cheaper and less hassle to
    : : : buy a fax machine..?!
    : :
    : : What about a small fax modem plugged into an ATA which
    : : is T.38 compliant ....... actually... would that work
    : : to recieve faxes from a regular fax machine over a voip
    : : line ?
    : :
    : : A neat trick if it did as you could take your "fax
    : : machine" and phone number everywhere you went !
    : :
    : : Saying that, I have a fax/printer/scanner in a box
    : : downstairs purchased 3 years ago and never used.
    : : I'll pull it out and see what happens when I run it
    : : through the 2nd voip port on my Draytek.

    I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate using G711a with no
    problems, although not much else was happening on the connection at the
    time.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 17, 2007
  11. George Orwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate
    : : using G711a with no problems, although not much else
    : : was happening on the connection at the time.

    Oops forgot to say this was using a bog-standard fax machine.

    Ivor

    : : Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 17, 2007
  12. George Orwell

    Tim Guest

    George Orwell wrote:
    > Needed
    >
    > Fax2email on a UK geographic number, which will encrypt the attachement
    > to PGP/GNUPG or send the fax as a password protected RAR file.

    Just one phone number?

    How much is it worth?

    This is technically very easy to do.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 17, 2007
  13. George Orwell

    Tim Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate using G711a with no
    > problems, although not much else was happening on the connection at the
    > time.

    The original poster wasn't asking for realtime fax over IP using VoIP kit.

    He wanted fax to email. Quite different really.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 17, 2007
  14. Tim wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate using G711a with no
    >> problems, although not much else was happening on the connection at
    >> the time.

    > The original poster wasn't asking for realtime fax over IP using VoIP kit.
    >
    > He wanted fax to email. Quite different really.

    Yes but somone is going to want to charge xx p/fax to provide such a
    unique service.

    If the fax really _must_ be e-mailed by encrypted file then a DIY
    solution of an old P.C. (the sort that get chucked down the tip) with a
    fax modem and something like... winFax (if it still exists) and also
    running TightVNC and connected to the interweb.

    So he can log into PC securely compress fax with archive password then
    e-mail to whoever he wants.

    I would expect someone would be able to come up with a script to
    automate the proceedure all seems a little longwinded.

    or... Just use a regular fax2email service then encrypt and forward on.

    Just use a dedicated pop3 account which will obviously be password
    protected anyway.

    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Oct 17, 2007
  15. George Orwell

    Guest

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:15:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate using G711a with no
    >problems,

    You will be saying next sipgate wakes you up with a cup of tea in a
    morning and cooks your brakefast .

    , Oct 17, 2007
  16. George Orwell

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:15:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : :
    : : : I've sent/received the occasional fax over Sipgate
    : : : using G711a with no problems,
    : :
    : : You will be saying next sipgate wakes you up with a cup
    : : of tea in a morning and cooks your brakefast .

    Nope, coffee and biscuits :)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 17, 2007
  17. Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> wrote:
    > or... Just use a regular fax2email service then encrypt and forward on.
    >
    > Just use a dedicated pop3 account which will obviously be password
    > protected anyway.

    Or a fax2email service that doesn't deliver faxes to email. Maybe some can
    be configured to email 'hello, you have a fax' and you then go and collect
    it from their HTTPS website.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Oct 17, 2007
  18. George Orwell

    acdeag Guest

    > Needed
    >
    > Fax2email on a UK geographic number, which will encrypt the attachement
    > to PGP/GNUPG or send the fax as a password protected RAR file.
    >
    > YAC don't do it
    > Gradwell don't do it
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    How about getting a VOIP number forwarding all calls to a fax number on your
    mobile available with Vodafone, Orange and 3 not sure about the rest. Will
    then only cost you the forwarding charge and the charge to send the fax to a
    local fax machine when you are ready to print it. While not printed it is
    confidential as it is tied to your mobile's voicemail.

    acdeag, Oct 17, 2007