    what certification should I take. Can someone please help
    fella out????

    Ankit Shah

    Ankit Shah, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Ankit Shah

    James Martin Guest

    Hey Ankit,

    A Network Admin falls under the purvue of MCSA, A glorified Network Admin
    is MCSE. MCSA has everything except the design aspects of implementing a
    very large organization's network (Which most MCSE's will never do, and
    that's probably why they came up with MCSA). Go to
    www.microsoft.com/traincert for so much information you won't be able to
    tell what's what. It seems like every week there's a new certification and
    others are expiring. Your safest bet is to just start with the core for
    MCSA, specifically 70-270, Win XP Pro. You can still certify on the older
    technologies following either a 2000 or 2003 track. Legacy systems will be
    around for a while though, so even old MCSE NT's will have a job. (I used
    to work in IT asset management, you wouldn't believe what some companies
    still use and how much some people get paid to operate the equipment.) Once
    you get your MCSA (4 tests) it's 3 more to MCSE.

    Also, keep in mind that these all revolve around MS products, you might
    consider throughing a CCNA in there to round out your deeper understanding
    of how the network actually works.

    Here's MS's comparison:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsa/mcsa_mcse.asp

    You can also combine your A+ with another CompTIA exam (Net+, Server+, or
    Security+) for 1 of the 4 MCSA exams. Ultimately you'll probably want to be
    an MCSE (Not many employers right now know what MCSA is all about) so
    compare the requirements and tailor to fit your needs.

    You can save $10 on each of your tests at www.getcertified4less.com

    Good luck!

    James Martin, Nov 18, 2003