Need your help with yahoo and dynamic URL

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Danny, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Hello

    (sorry for crossposting, I really need an answer. yahoo has no clue)

    I am having trouble loading some products onto yahoo product submit.
    These are dynamic URL's that point to product pages
    I am lost becuase the tech deparments do not seem to know what is going on
    and have never heard of product submit and the merchants do not have access
    to the index.cgi file.
    for example look at this merchants site.

    go to www.mymetalcanvas.com and enter DL01 into the search field.
    This brings you to the product page which works fine.

    Now i duplicated the url to do what the Search button did, so this link
    below does the same thing as above and it works fine:
    http://www.mymetalcanvas.com/index.cgi?Merchant=gspenterprises&PageToView=search&SearchVal=DL01

    This URL works fine in froogle product submit. I do not put in the cartid
    which is a session variable, but it seems to recreate one.

    Now why wouldnt this link work in Yahoo stores using the yahoo product
    submit.
    IT gives an error "unable to create session id, please try again later."
    But if you copy and paste the yahoo link back into the URL while still at
    yahoo, it will work as it finds the landing page. IT is so strange.

    PS. The link in yahoo does actually work if you click within results, ie
    "see more items from this merchant", but if you enter a search keyword that
    brings you to a listing from the same merchant, it will fail.

    Thanks
    Danny

    Danny, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Danny wrote:

    > (sorry for crossposting, I really need an answer. yahoo has no clue)

    There's only one group in the Newsgroups header. You didn't crosspost. If
    you made copies of this, separately, for multiple groups, you
    *multiposted*. Crossposting is better, if done right.

    Help: http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq_cros.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Register User 4892F
    AOL Diary: (New 4/22) http://snipurl.com/aoldiary