    Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
    and expense. My email address for this is .
    Thank you.

    M, Sep 14, 2007

  2. M

    Guest

    "M" <> wrote:

    >I have two Firewire cards in my PC and have identified that I need the
    >Hotfix 830987 mentioned in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
    >You can not download this fix, you have to 'phone Microsoft for it. I have
    >tried this and the call went to an overseas call centre where the person I
    >spoke to spoke a local English dialect that I could barely understand. I
    >was asked a zillion questions, about the only thing they didn't want was a
    >copy of my DNA! The outcome was that they wouldn't let me have it because I
    >wasn't sitting in front of my home PC and couldn't ask machine specific
    >questions. The line opens after I leave my house in the morning a closes
    >before I return in the evening. I now face the prospect of taking a days
    >unpaid leave just to call them from home.

    > If anyone has a copy of this
    >Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
    >and expense.

    Like something you would pay for huh...

    Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

    Send me my money...

    --

    SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

    , Sep 15, 2007

  3. M

    M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "M" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have two Firewire cards in my PC and have identified that I need the
    >>Hotfix 830987 mentioned in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
    >>You can not download this fix, you have to 'phone Microsoft for it. I
    >>have
    >>tried this and the call went to an overseas call centre where the person I
    >>spoke to spoke a local English dialect that I could barely understand. I
    >>was asked a zillion questions, about the only thing they didn't want was a
    >>copy of my DNA! The outcome was that they wouldn't let me have it because
    >>wasn't sitting in front of my home PC and couldn't ask machine specific
    >>questions. The line opens after I leave my house in the morning a closes
    >>before I return in the evening. I now face the prospect of taking a days
    >>unpaid leave just to call them from home.

    >> If anyone has a copy of this
    >>Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
    >>and expense.

    > Like something you would pay for huh...
    >
    > Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft
    >
    > Send me my money...
    >
    > --
    >
    > SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    > http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

    This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

    M, Sep 15, 2007
  4. M

    Guest

    "M" <> wrote:

    >>> If anyone has a copy of this
    >>>Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
    >>>and expense.

    >> Like something you would pay for huh...

    >> Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

    >> Send me my money...

    >This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

    But the work I put into it, <Wipes brow>, and the kids had to go
    without their snacks!

    oh ya:
    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft
    products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was
    first corrected in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
    --

    SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

    , Sep 15, 2007
  5. M

    M Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >>> Like something you would pay for huh...

    >>> Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

    >>> Send me my money...

    >>This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

    > But the work I put into it, <Wipes brow>, and the kids had to go
    > without their snacks!
    >

    > oh ya:
    > STATUS
    > Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft
    > products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was
    > first corrected in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
    > --
    >
    > SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
    > http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

    I stand corrected, trouble is I have SP2 installed and still have this
    problem! Great news about SCO.

    M, Sep 15, 2007