need xnews set up help ..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ms smiling bookworm, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    news servers available for verizon online dsl ...

    ms smiling bookworm, Sep 28, 2005

  2. ms  smiling bookworm

    Old Gringo Guest

    With Out Any Hesitation ms smiling bookworm Wrote The Following::
    > how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    > news servers available for verizon online dsl ...

    Get the necessary login information from Verizon and the open XNews
    and under the tab at the top (Special) find XNews setup. There you
    will enter the necessary information. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Sep 28, 2005

  3. ms smiling bookworm wrote:
    > how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    > news servers available for verizon online dsl ...

    Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes there.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005
  4. ms  smiling bookworm

    John Holmes Guest

    Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > ms smiling bookworm wrote:
    >> how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    >> news servers available for verizon online dsl ...
    >>

    > Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes there.

    You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him that
    more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just want to be
    noticed in the froup?

    --
    Your mother was a warty toilet cleaner who worshipped teapots in a variety
    of open prisons.

    John Holmes, Sep 28, 2005
  5. ms  smiling bookworm

    PackRat2112 Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote in

    > Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> ms smiling bookworm wrote:
    >>> how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download
    >>> the news servers available for verizon online dsl ...
    >>>

    >> Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes
    >> there.

    > You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him
    > that more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just want
    > to be noticed in the froup?

    what's a froup?

    PackRat2112, Sep 28, 2005
  6. PackRat2112 wrote:
    > John Holmes <> wrote in
    >
    >> Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes
    >>> there.

    >> You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him
    >> that more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just want
    >> to be noticed in the froup?

    > what's a froup?

    An established term:

    http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/N/newsfroup.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 28, 2005
  7. ms  smiling bookworm

    Old Gringo Guest

    With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    > Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>ms smiling bookworm wrote:
    >>
    >>>how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    >>>news servers available for verizon online dsl ...
    >>>

    >>Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes there.

    > You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him that
    > more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just want to be
    > noticed in the froup?

    I think he PLONKED me long time ago and took his toys home and won't
    play with me anymore. There are those who do not reply to the elite. :)

    Old Gringo, Sep 28, 2005
  8. ms  smiling bookworm

    John Holmes Guest

    Old Gringo blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    >> Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>>Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes
    >>>there.

    >> You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him
    >> that more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just
    >> want to be noticed in the froup?
    >>

    > I think he PLONKED me long time ago and took his toys home and won't
    > play with me anymore. There are those who do not reply to the elite.
    > :)

    I reckoned that, too. That's why I don't use a killfile.

    --
    Your mother was an overbearing vegetarian who used to be violently and
    copiously sick on the roof of her house.

    John Holmes, Sep 28, 2005
  9. ms  smiling bookworm

    Old Gringo Guest

    With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    > Old Gringo blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    >>
    >>>Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>>You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him
    >>>that more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just
    >>>want to be noticed in the froup?
    >>>

    >>I think he PLONKED me long time ago and took his toys home and won't
    >>play with me anymore. There are those who do not reply to the elite.
    >>:)
    >>

    > I reckoned that, too. That's why I don't use a killfile.

    The Plonkers will never know what they are missing.

    Old Gringo, Sep 29, 2005
  10. ms  smiling bookworm

    trout Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:

    > With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    >> Old Gringo blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>> With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::

    >> I reckoned that, too. That's why I don't use a killfile.
    >>

    > The Plonkers will never know what they are missing.

    Sure we do. I see "John Holmes" squawking "fucking ****!" in reply
    text quite frequently.
    --
    Really just an affirmation that I'm not 'missing' anything worth
    reading.

    trout, Sep 29, 2005
  11. John Holmes wrote:
    > Rôgêr blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>ms smiling bookworm wrote:
    >>
    >>>how do I go in and correct the profile so that xnews will download the
    >>>news servers available for verizon online dsl ...
    >>>

    >>Click on the Special menu and then Setup XNews, make your changes there.

    > You fucking ****. "Old Gringo" (who is a fucking ****, too) told him that
    > more then an hour ago. Are you getting mental or do you just want to be
    > noticed in the froup?

    Thank you for noticing, due to Old Gringos predilection for feeding
    trolls and I plonked him a long time ago. No wonder you feel defensive
    about him.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2005
  12. ms  smiling bookworm

    Grim Reaper Guest

    Then you still are a fucking ****.

    Grim Reaper, Sep 29, 2005
  13. ms  smiling bookworm

    trout Guest

    Grim Reaper wrote:

    > On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:14:52 -0700, "trout" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> The Plonkers will never know what they are missing.

    >> Sure we do. I see "John Holmes" squawking "fucking ****!" in reply
    >> text quite frequently.

    > Then you still are a fucking ****.

    At least *he* made enough of an impression to be killfiled.
    --
    Unlike a mewing non-entity such as you, Dullboy.

    trout, Sep 29, 2005
  14. ms  smiling bookworm

    Old Gringo Guest

    With Out Any Hesitation trout Wrote The Following::
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >

    >>With Out Any Hesitation John Holmes Wrote The Following::
    >>
    >>>Old Gringo blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>>I reckoned that, too. That's why I don't use a killfile.
    >>>

    >>The Plonkers will never know what they are missing.

    > Sure we do. I see "John Holmes" squawking "fucking ****!" in reply
    > text quite frequently.

    LOL Way too funny

    Old Gringo, Sep 29, 2005