    strength for the lowest cost. I found some 24 dbi for 50 dollars. If
    you know of a better deal, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    Philip Brown

    DarkPhoenix, Jan 9, 2009

  2. "DarkPhoenix" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I would like to buy a wifi antenna with the greatest signal
    > strength for the lowest cost. I found some 24 dbi for 50 dollars. If
    > you know of a better deal, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Philip Brown

    A bit more, around $80 or so, but I have used this Wi-Fire device out to
    1000 feet or so with my Vista laptop. It uses a USB port on a PC or
    laptop.

    http://www.hfield.com

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 9, 2009

  3. Hi
    Good Antenna are expensive (Kind like different between 75cent coffee and
    StarBucks).
    This is a vendor with modest prices as a frame of reference.
    http://www.radiolabs.com/products/wireless/directional-wireless-antenna.php
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 10, 2009
  4. DarkPhoenix

    DarkPhoenix Guest

    Based upon the lack of specifics in my original question, I decided to
    revise it.

    I would like to buy a wifi directional antenna for my computer's nic
    card. It should have a high gain for a low cost. I would prefer an
    indoor antenna but an outdoor is fine. The connector is a SMA and the
    cord only needs to be a few feet. I found some 24 dbi for 50

    DarkPhoenix, Jan 10, 2009
  5. Hi
    $50 for a good pri24dbi is a good price.
    Take into consideration that an Antenna like this can extend the distance
    out door with clear sight.
    If you use it indoor it probably would not do much, if the lack of signal is
    due to an obstruction that Blocks the signal, it might do nothing.
    So what ever you get, make sure that you can return if i does not work.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 10, 2009