    Host Excellence, iPowerWeb, Lunar, IX Webhosting, or Your-Site??

    Thanks for any advice!

    Stephanie

    Stephanie, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    "Stephanie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I am new to webhosting, and am shopping for a reliable company.

    and if this ng is not an appropriate one to find out this info, can you
    direct me to one that is? I tried alt.web.hosting, but that one seems to be
    full of spam.

    thanks,

    Stephanie

    Stephanie, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Stephanie

    me look Guest

    > Hi, I am new to webhosting, and am shopping for a reliable company. My
    main
    > concerns are very high uptime (I sell on eBay, and need my pics to be up
    > 24/7--so 99.9% uptime vs. only 99% uptime makes a big difference to me!),
    > efficient and high-quality customer service, and decent price. I need at
    > least 75-100 MB of space and 3 GB bandwith. And I don't want a
    > "fly-by-night" company. I would prefer one that has been around for a

    while.

    > Does it matter if the company co-locates, or owns their own
    > servers/facility?
    >
    > Have any of you tried the following:
    >
    > Host Excellence, iPowerWeb, Lunar, IX Webhosting, or Your-Site??
    >
    > Thanks for any advice!
    >
    > Stephanie

    Warning I own staghosting so my view is heavily biased.

    Free hosting, and genuine at that.

    www.staghosting.com

    100mb of space, 2 gig bandwidth (doubled if you host your own domain name).

    The catch? You have to put two words on your first page (a link to one of
    our sites).

    The other catch? English Websites only.

    Any more catches? No forum only sites.

    Hope it helps, what do you have to lose? It's free :)

    me look, Jul 9, 2003