    patrol don't do newsgroup filtering at all.

    Can someone please help?

    Take care
    Diehard, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Diehard

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you are using Outlook, or Outlook Express, they have an excellent filter
    built in. There are several of them. The one I use is the one that is
    under Tools, Message Rules, and Newgroups. You can go in there, and
    manually configure it to how you want. Then you can put in the key words
    that you want to filter out. Take care to not filter out things you want.

    If you use the Help (F1) for Outlook Express, there is a very good
    explanation about how to use this rules filter.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    Does anyone know of any web filtering software that also works with
    newsgroups when you use any newsreader? I want to find something that
    filters porn from the web and porn newsgroups. I have tried www.s4f.com but
    they can't block alt.binaries.dvd.erotica yet they say it is blocked. s4f
    does seem to work best overall tho, it just has problems with that
    newsgroup. Also I have tried Net Nanny 5 which has the features, but
    corrupts newsgroup downloaded files. So it does not work. Cybersitter/cyber

    Jerry G., Dec 4, 2003

  3. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > If you are using Outlook, or Outlook Express, they have an excellent

    filter
    > built in. There are several of them. The one I use is the one that is
    > under Tools, Message Rules, and Newgroups. You can go in there, and
    > manually configure it to how you want. Then you can put in the key words
    > that you want to filter out. Take care to not filter out things you want.
    >
    > If you use the Help (F1) for Outlook Express, there is a very good
    > explanation about how to use this rules filter.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    > WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    > Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    >

    > "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any web filtering software that also works with
    > newsgroups when you use any newsreader? I want to find something that
    > filters porn from the web and porn newsgroups. I have tried www.s4f.com

    but
    > they can't block alt.binaries.dvd.erotica yet they say it is blocked. s4f
    > does seem to work best overall tho, it just has problems with that
    > newsgroup. Also I have tried Net Nanny 5 which has the features, but
    > corrupts newsgroup downloaded files. So it does not work.

    Cybersitter/cyber
    > patrol don't do newsgroup filtering at all.
    >
    > Can someone please help?
    >
    > Take care

    Thanks, but sorry, it helps me not one bit. i need something more.
    Diehard, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message

    > "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > > If you are using Outlook, or Outlook Express, they have an excellent

    > filter
    > > built in. There are several of them. The one I use is the one that is
    > > under Tools, Message Rules, and Newgroups. You can go in there, and
    > > manually configure it to how you want. Then you can put in the key

    words
    > > that you want to filter out. Take care to not filter out things you

    want.

    > > If you use the Help (F1) for Outlook Express, there is a very good
    > > explanation about how to use this rules filter.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    > > WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    > > Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    > >

    > > "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know of any web filtering software that also works with
    > > newsgroups when you use any newsreader? I want to find something that
    > > filters porn from the web and porn newsgroups. I have tried www.s4f.com

    > but
    > > they can't block alt.binaries.dvd.erotica yet they say it is blocked.

    s4f
    > > does seem to work best overall tho, it just has problems with that
    > > newsgroup. Also I have tried Net Nanny 5 which has the features, but
    > > corrupts newsgroup downloaded files. So it does not work.

    > Cybersitter/cyber
    > > patrol don't do newsgroup filtering at all.
    > >
    > > Can someone please help?
    > >
    > > Take care
    > >

    > Thanks, but sorry, it helps me not one bit. i need something more.

    i dont use OE for binaries.
    Diehard, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    >>> If you are using Outlook, or Outlook Express, they have an
    >>> excellent filter built in. There are several of them. The one I
    >>> use is the one that is under Tools, Message Rules, and Newgroups.
    >>> You can go in there, and manually configure it to how you want.
    >>> Then you can put in the key words that you want to filter out.
    >>> Take care to not filter out things you want.
    >>>
    >>> If you use the Help (F1) for Outlook Express, there is a very good
    >>> explanation about how to use this rules filter.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Greetings,
    >>>
    >>> Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    >>> =========================================
    >>> WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    >>> Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
    >>> =========================================
    >>>

    >>> "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know of any web filtering software that also works with
    >>> newsgroups when you use any newsreader? I want to find something
    >>> that filters porn from the web and porn newsgroups. I have tried
    >>> www.s4f.com but they can't block alt.binaries.dvd.erotica yet they
    >>> say it is blocked. s4f does seem to work best overall tho, it just
    >>> has problems with that newsgroup. Also I have tried Net Nanny 5
    >>> which has the features, but corrupts newsgroup downloaded files. So
    >>> it does not work. Cybersitter/cyber patrol don't do newsgroup
    >>> filtering at all.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone please help?
    >>>
    >>> Take care
    >>>

    >> Thanks, but sorry, it helps me not one bit. i need something more.
    >>

    > i dont use OE for binaries.

    Do your kids really need access to binaries? Why don't you just lock
    them out of that particular program, and filter the rest in OE for your
    kids. Then you can use any old filter for the internet.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    > Diehard wrote:
    > > "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Jerry G." <> wrote in message

    > >> Thanks, but sorry, it helps me not one bit. i need something more.
    > >>

    > > i dont use OE for binaries.

    > Do your kids really need access to binaries? Why don't you just lock
    > them out of that particular program, and filter the rest in OE for your
    > kids. Then you can use any old filter for the internet.
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    Binaries is a must, that's for sure. So I have been looking for something ,
    but not found anything yet, which bites cus there's so much out there, well,
    maybe 3-6 products and I haven't found one that worked good enough. Cyber
    Patrol released 6.1 I guess after the last time I looked at their site, so
    maybe, just maybe its new newsgroup thingy ma bob might work ok. The only
    problem is it uses the web and their web site for the install, so only one
    copy per pc and we have 3, lol. So i can't install it on the other 2, :(
    unless i pay the same cost for the others. which is not going to happen,
    :( They do have the trial so i am going to use it for a day and see if it
    works, and I'll know within 30 minutes of installing and setting it, if it
    works or not. I just wish there was something else out there.
    Diehard, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Diehard wrote:
    >>> "Diehard" <> wrote in message

    >>> i dont use OE for binaries.

    >> Do your kids really need access to binaries? Why don't you just lock
    >> them out of that particular program, and filter the rest in OE for
    >> your kids. Then you can use any old filter for the internet.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer
    >>

    > Binaries is a must, that's for sure. So I have been looking for
    > something , but not found anything yet, which bites cus there's so
    > much out there, well, maybe 3-6 products and I haven't found one that
    > worked good enough. Cyber Patrol released 6.1 I guess after the last
    > time I looked at their site, so maybe, just maybe its new newsgroup
    > thingy ma bob might work ok. The only problem is it uses the web and
    > their web site for the install, so only one copy per pc and we have
    > 3, lol. So i can't install it on the other 2, :( unless i pay the
    > same cost for the others. which is not going to happen, :( They do
    > have the trial so i am going to use it for a day and see if it works,
    > and I'll know within 30 minutes of installing and setting it, if it
    > works or not. I just wish there was something else out there.

    Well good luck.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 4, 2003