    Thanks

    Ginger

    , Nov 21, 2007

  2. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Need to transfer XP op system to new hard drive. Do I use xcopy? If
    > not what is best way?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ginger

    XCopy won't do it. Use True Image, or Symantec Norton Ghost instead. Didn't
    you get some imaging program with your new HD?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:32:26 -0800, wrote:

    > Need to transfer XP op system to new hard drive. Do I use xcopy? If
    > not what is best way?
    >
    > Thanks

    Acronis Easy Migrate does a good job. Might even still have a free fully
    functional 15 day trial download of it on their site.

    Meat Plow, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Plato Guest

    Plato, Nov 22, 2007
  5. PeeCee Guest

    PeeCee, Nov 22, 2007
  6. PeeCee wrote:

    > Ginger

    Mary Ann!

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 22, 2007
  7. hopeless Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    > Go to the drive manufacturers website and download their free drive
    > image(copy/transfer) tool.
    >
    > eg for Segate's Disk Wizard :
    > http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
    >

    > Best
    > Paul.

    The link you supplied as an example of "free drive image" tool
    That is Not an image/clone tool, it is a data back-up utillity.

    hopeless, Nov 22, 2007
  8. Guest

    Thanks guys

    "" <> wrote:

    >Need to transfer XP op system to new hard drive. Do I use xcopy? If
    >not what is best way?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Ginger

    , Nov 22, 2007