    run on a pc and just test the memory.

    Does anybody know where i can find such a tool?

    Thakns

    Ardin, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Ardin

    °Mike° Guest

    WinDiag
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    DocMemory
    http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:29:46 GMT, in
    <_P_0d.31042$>
    Ardin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Ardin

    ICee Guest

    Ardin wrote:
    > I remember downloading this kind of tool, but cant find it again.
    >
    > It was something youc can save on a disk and on bootup, this utility
    > will run on a pc and just test the memory.
    >
    > Does anybody know where i can find such a tool?
    >
    > Thakns

    Memtest86
    www.memtest86.com

    ICee, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Ardin

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:29:46 GMT, Ardin wrote:

    >I remember downloading this kind of tool, but cant find it again.
    >
    >It was something youc can save on a disk and on bootup, this utility will
    >run on a pc and just test the memory.
    >
    >Does anybody know where i can find such a tool?

    www.google.com
    MemTest86 , can boot from CD (download the ISO) or floppy.

    Me

    why?, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Ardin

    Atreju Guest

    wrote:

    >I remember downloading this kind of tool, but cant find it again.
    >
    >It was something youc can save on a disk and on bootup, this utility will
    >run on a pc and just test the memory.
    >
    >Does anybody know where i can find such a tool?
    >
    >Thakns

    Does your system's BIOS not test the memory on bootup? AFAIK every
    single BIOS in existence can test the memory on startup! Very often,
    they are set to "quick boot" by default because of the extra delay
    they try to avoid. However, you should be able to enable the memory
    test. Go into Setup when you first turn on the computer, and look for
    the memory test.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Sep 12, 2004
  6. Ardin

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:00:27 GMT, Atreju wrote:

    >On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:29:46 GMT, "Ardin" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I remember downloading this kind of tool, but cant find it again.
    >>
    >>It was something youc can save on a disk and on bootup, this utility will
    >>run on a pc and just test the memory.
    >>
    >>Does anybody know where i can find such a tool?
    >>
    >>Thakns
    >>

    >Does your system's BIOS not test the memory on bootup? AFAIK every
    >single BIOS in existence can test the memory on startup! Very often,
    >they are set to "quick boot" by default because of the extra delay
    >they try to avoid. However, you should be able to enable the memory
    >test. Go into Setup when you first turn on the computer, and look for
    >the memory test.

    There is a big difference between that and pattern / inverse pattern /
    bit / inverse bit testing.

    I have had systems pass the BIOS screen test, yet proved the system
    configuration was wrong as delivered, by using MemTest. Every test set
    failed to complete.

    After changing the BIOS setting, 10 test runs overnight / next day all
    passed 100% and performance has never suffered.

    Me

    why?, Sep 12, 2004