    Suggestions for programs or how to search.
    Thanks
    Xeno

    Xeno Chauvin, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Xeno Chauvin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Xeno Chauvin" <> wrote in message
    news:2tJYd.4860$...
    > Have several hard drives I need to over write to get
    > data off. Have tried a google but not much there under "shredder".
    > Are overwrite programs known by another name?
    > Once had a program from some company (infraworks?) in
    > Austin Texas but can't seem to find them either.
    > Suggestions for programs or how to search.
    > Thanks
    > Xeno

    Search for "wipedisk" or "wipedisk.exe"

    Toolman Tim, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Xeno Chauvin wrote:

    > Have several hard drives I need to over write to get
    > data off. Have tried a google but not much there under "shredder".
    > Are overwrite programs known by another name?
    > Once had a program from some company (infraworks?) in
    > Austin Texas but can't seem to find them either.
    > Suggestions for programs or how to search.

    Boot N Nuke (DBAN is part of the National Nuclear Security
    Administration suite of security tools)
    http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    Autoclave works well too, but is no longer supported (not that it
    matters much).

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 12, 2005
  4. Xeno Chauvin

    Plato Guest

    Xeno Chauvin wrote:

    > Have several hard drives I need to over write to get
    > data off. Have tried a google but not much there under "shredder".
    > Are overwrite programs known by another name?

    Search for ZERO fill utilties. Brings the HDD back to factory defaults.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 12, 2005
  5. Chiron Paixos, Mar 13, 2005