    c:" ?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Jason

    Jason Danziger, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Jason Danziger

    mark mandell Guest

    "Jason Danziger" <removethis@> wrote in message
    news:3VTQd.10714$...
    > I am trying to run the old DOS version of Scandisk on a system that has
    > Windows 2000 installed on it and I cannot do it.
    >
    > I found the old version of scandisk and put it onto the bootup disk but it
    > will not run while Windows is open, and the Windows version of Scandisk
    > keeps saying that I have some program running so it cannot do a complete
    > scan. And I already shut down every other program that was running.
    >
    > I tried to set up a boot-up disk but I cannot get it to recognize the C:
    > drive. It creates a RAM drive and sets up CD burners but all I want is

    for
    > it to recognize the hard drive and I will then run scandisk from the

    boot-up
    > disk.
    >
    > How can I start up my system and go to a Command prompt and run "scandisk
    > c:" ?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Jason

    So you don't have the Win2K CD so that you could run "chkdsk" from the
    Recovery Console?

    mark mandell, Feb 17, 2005

  3. I ran chkdsk and it didnt do anything. I had it run on startup but it did
    not find anything. I need the real thing, Scandisk, accept no substitutes.

    Jason

    Jason Danziger, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Jason Danziger

    >I ran chkdsk and it didnt do anything. I had it run on startup but it did
    > not find anything. I need the real thing, Scandisk, accept no
    > substitutes.
    >
    > Jason

    Perhaps you should post this issue over at www.pcguide.com if no one else
    comes up with a satisfactory solution on this newsgroup.

    Mark Mandell, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Jason Danziger

    John Holmes Guest

    > I ran chkdsk and it didnt do anything. I had it run on startup but it
    > did not find anything. I need the real thing, Scandisk, accept no
    > substitutes.
    >
    > Jason

    Accept no substitutes? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA, you're shit out of luck then,
    eh? I'll bet your W2K drive is NTFS formatted, which is not supported by
    pure DOS nor the native DOS scandisk, you blundering container of
    embarrassing dirty underwear.

    --
    - John Holmes -

    "Just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

    John Holmes, Feb 17, 2005
  6. Jason Danziger

    Jim Berwick Guest

    > not find anything. I need the real thing, Scandisk, accept no
    > substitutes.

    Yeah, except for Windows NT based chkdsk is far superior to scandisk.

    Jim Berwick, Feb 19, 2005