Need to replace 'My Documents" folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system?

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:21:18 -0800, in
    <>
    Johnny scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    "Johnny" <> wrote in

    > The "My Documents" folder appeared corrupted. I found out later
    > there were some hidden files. Spyware?? Anyway I made a big
    > mistake and deleted the folder thinking I could create a new one.
    > It will not create a new folder message reads there is already a
    > folder with that name. I can't retrieve it from any of the
    > utilities with windows or Norton System Works.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance.....

    Hi
    You might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting from an
    hour in the future.
    Boomer, Nov 29, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > What operating system?

    In his second post he added:
    "....I am running windows 98 version 4.10"

    Boomer, Nov 29, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On 29 Nov 2003 21:54:00 GMT, in
    <3fc91578$0$31384$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> What operating system?

    >In his second post he added:
    >"....I am running windows 98 version 4.10"

    Ah, thanks, I missed that. :)

    <snip>
    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On 29 Nov 2003 21:54:00 GMT, in
    > <3fc91578$0$31384$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> What operating system?

    >>In his second post he added:
    >>"....I am running windows 98 version 4.10"

    > Ah, thanks, I missed that. :)
    >
    > <snip>

    You're welcome. :)

    --

    <HCFTH>
    Boomer, Nov 29, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Create a new, temporary, folder called Docs on your C: drive.

    Install TweakUI.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe

    Open TweakUI and go to the 'My Computer' tab.
    Under 'Special Folders' choose 'My Documents' in the drop-down.
    Press 'Change Location' and point to the C:\Docs folder.
    Log out and back in, or reboot.

    Create a new 'My Documents' folder and do the
    same again in TweakUI, pointing it back to the
    new 'My Documents' folder.

    Johnny, Nov 29, 2003