    firewall?

    any advice?

    Thanks

    Danny, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Danny

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:33:22 GMT, Danny wrote:

    >I need a virus checker/firewall that will work with windows 95b and also a
    >firewall?
    >
    >any advice?

    eTrust still list 95 for AV
    while the firewall is 98 and above.

    AVG also still list 95 in the AV product requirements
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    For others, try searching 24HSHD for 'Mike' posts.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Since some software firewalls (Tiny, Kerio, ZoneAlarm, Outpost) don't
    come in Win 95 versions anymore, you could look at SOHO routers, there
    are some single port versions if you don't want 4 ports.

    There are basic firewall versions, then addtional stuff like ad, site
    blocking and packet inspection.

    Brands to look at are, in no particular order, not particular model
    recommended either.

    Belkin
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id=201487
    DSL/Router Gateway