    if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
    FTP)

    please help
    yuvalbra, Jan 6, 2009

  2. yuvalbra

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:39:48 -0800 (PST), yuvalbra wrote:

    >i used the command "mput filename*.txt"
    >all work fine but...
    >all files stay on my directory.

    That's correct. mput is a copy operation.

    >i need this issue:
    >if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
    >FTP)

    basic ftp commandline will tell you if it's successful, but has no way
    to delete the file after. You need some way to process a status code,
    list of files maybe in a script. You may find some ftp clients have
    macros / tools to do this.

    >please help

    please help by providing nore info next time, like OS, ftp client.

    Me
    why?, Jan 6, 2009

  3. yuvalbra

    John Holmes Guest

    yuvalbra "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > i used the command "mput filename*.txt"
    > all work fine but...
    > all files stay on my directory.
    > i need this issue:
    > if file was copy succesfuly then delete him (i need to move files to
    > FTP)
    >
    > please help

    A decent FTP client has the option to *move* a file. I can't see a reason
    why you want a ftp command line to do what you want.

    Results 21 - 30 of about 243,000 for ftp move command. (0.11 seconds)

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Jan 6, 2009