need to know the impact of a change in Web.config. THANK YOU!!!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    Does anybody know the answer to this question:

    You are troubleshooting a deployed Web application and need to change the <trace> element to enable tracing on the page. You modify the Web.config file for the application.

    Which statements correctly describe when the change will be applied and its impact on current users? (Select all that apply.)

    (1) Current users will be given a five-minute warning before the Web application is restarted.

    (2) State data stored in the Application object will be maintained.

    (3) State data stored in the Session object will be lost.

    (4) The Web application will be restarted and the configuration file will be read immediately.

    (5) Current users will be immediately disconnected from the application.

    I thought it must be

    (1) FALSE

    (2) FALSE

    (3) RIGHT

    (4) RIGHT

    (5) FALSE

    but it is not. Does anybody know the right answer?

    Thank you a lot!

    Best regards

    Daniel Walzenbach

    P.S. If you need to contact me simply remove ".NOSPAM" from my email address.

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Consultant,

    According to MS #4 alone is false!

    Any other idea?

    Daniel

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Daniel Walzenbach

    Consultant Guest

    i would guess 2, but not 100% sure

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Daniel Walzenbach

    hello Guest

    I think you're right. The answer given to you is probably wrong.

    hello, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Daniel Walzenbach

    |{evin Guest

    >------=_NextPart_000_0332_01C3B362.17164C10

    wtf is this mess all about?

    Daniel Joskovski, Nov 26, 2003
  9. Daniel Walzenbach

    Consultant Guest

    huh?
    the fool posted in html, lol

    Consultant, Nov 26, 2003
  10. Daniel Walzenbach

    Ramon Guest

    Hi Daniel:

    These options are correct:
    (1) FALSE

    (2) FALSE

    (3) RIGHT

    (4) RIGHT

    I wasn't sure of (2) and (3) and I tried both and in
    fact Application and Session data were lost.

    So I guess if there is any of your responses wrong it
    should be (5), but I left the discussion open to (5) as I
    don't understand the scope of that statement very well.

    Ramon

    Ramon, Nov 26, 2003
  11. Thanks to everybody who helped!

    Daniel

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 26, 2003
  12. Daniel Walzenbach

    |{evin Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:57:03 -0800, "Consultant"
    <> wrote:

    >"|{evin" <> wrote in message
    >> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    >> >
    >> >------=_NextPart_000_0332_01C3B362.17164C10

    >> wtf is this mess all about?
    >>

    >huh?
    >the fool posted in html, lol

    tsk tsk tsk... I thought YOU would have known better... sheesh.
    |{evin, Nov 27, 2003
  13. Daniel Walzenbach

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >the fool posted in html,

    A crime for which the infidel should be stoned to death.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 27, 2003