Need to inform my boss....

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Ryan, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    My company wants me to aquire MCAD certification.
    They're willing to pay for whatever resources I need
    whether it be taking a class at my local college or
    learning on my own at home.

    Now however, I need to tell my boss which path I want to
    take(learn from home, or through a class). While he says
    he has no problem signing me up for a class, the price is
    pretty high so he would prefer for me to learn it on my
    own but it ultimately comes down to which one will take
    the least amount of time.

    I've already been in touch with my local college to find
    out how long the class takes so I was just wondering how
    long the average person seems to be taking to complete
    their certification when they study on their own. Also,
    how much does each exam cost?

    Thanks in advance.

    -Ryan

    Ryan, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Ryan

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 8, 2005

    I would NOT take it at a college! I have looked into the courses before
    at colleges and they will NOT give you what you need to know. If you must
    take courses go through the ones recommended by Microsoft. These are listed
    at:

    microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    I went through it at home with books. The Microsoft Press books are the most
    helpful as you get the information directly from the source. There is a
    Microsoft Press Training Kit for each exam. These kits come with practice
    tests too. Each exam costs $125. The recommended courses are Very expensive
    however. They are about $800 - $1200 each. Like I said though, colleges will
    not give you what you need to know. I have looked at universities and their
    CS courses are almost worthless when it comes to programming. You can find
    exam objectives by Microsoft at:

    microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-NNN.asp

    You just have to replace NNN with the last three digits of your exam. Hope
    this helps and ask more questions if you need to!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Ryan

    viostech Guest

    Hi,
    I have some Transcender exam simulation software for
    MCAD (including 70-229 & 70-315) for sale. Transcender is
    well-known for its quality and exam passing percentage.

    I've used it to get my MCSD as well.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5183751109
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5183903391

    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsystemconsultant

    viostech

    viostech, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Ryan

    Saga Guest

    When looking at college courses you have to make the distinction
    between a (for example) VB.NET course and a course specifically
    available to prepare you for the exam.

    I took a college course and it was Ok, if you want to get your
    feet wet in the technology, but if you go to take an exam with
    what you learned in class, you might as well donate the money to MS<g>

    Good luck!
    Saga

    Saga, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Ryan

    EggHead Guest

    Forget the local college.

    Go to any Microsoft Training & Boot Camp, get the cert, and forget about it
    :)
    Do not learn on your own, it is a long and lonely road.
    It takes avg 2 months for one exam. Keep in mind that it takes a longer time
    for the first 2 exam.

    Egghead

    EggHead, Apr 21, 2005