    anybody find a suitable solution?

    Thanks
    Dennis Meissner

    dennis, Jun 27, 2005

  2. dennis

    Brian Guest

    Have you tried scanning in the document then enlarging the print using a
    photo editor yet?

    Brian, Jun 28, 2005

  3. dennis

    Robert Baer Guest

    dennis wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I have an uncle who has very poor eyesight. He has a 21 inch monitor and I
    > was thinking if I could find some kind of like webcam we could mount to read
    > paper print ihen have it display the video on his monitor where he could
    > read it (hopefully enlarged). The cameras I've seen so far have a fixed
    > focal lenght and will not work.
    >
    > There is a cctv based enlarger using a camera and tv for about 2500 but he
    > already has about 1500 invested in his pc and would like to maybe spend less
    > and just buy a camera and software to acheive the same results.
    >
    > anybody find a suitable solution?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dennis Meissner

    As you may know, most modern browsers have an "accessability" option
    / control, which allows enlargement of the basic screen image.
    I have never tried that, but assume it would work for any image that
    a program would display.
    Perhaps you could try a cheap (under $100) digital camera, install
    the view/edit software for it, and see if that will do the job.
    You might need a tripod or stand of some sort to set an optimum
    distance and viewing angle, after camera enlargement is optimized for
    whole page.
    The protocol might be:
    1) put page in pre-marked area
    2) take picture
    3) use software to view picture, using "magnifier" and mouse
    4) repeat above as needed

    Robert Baer, Jun 28, 2005