    zipping, but the player does not recognize it either?? The player recognizes
    zip folder as a file to play, but not if they are compressed. The files
    within cannot be deflated. Please help me?? Thanks

    WeanieBoo, Jan 28, 2008

  2. Both WinZip and WinRAR will let you do what you want. WinZIP has an option
    for Compression of "None" when you add files to the zip. And WinRAR lets you
    set the speed to "store". And both have 64-bit versions. Of the two, I like
    WinRAR slightly better. Probably because they were the first to give us full
    64-bit support.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 29, 2008

  3. WeanieBoo

    Carlos Guest

    Re: Need to change Deflation/Compression level "zipping" in Window

    Charlie,
    We do agree on WinRAR.
    Simply the best! (was that Tina Turner?)
    Trial available at:
    http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar371.exe
    An x64 "friendly" 32-bit program.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 29, 2008
  4. Re: Need to change Deflation/Compression level "zipping" in Window

    Yeah, I run both here. Not because I need to - WinRAR does zips as well as
    WinZIP. But I actually think WinZip is a bit faster.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 29, 2008
  5. WeanieBoo

    John C. Guest

    7-zip will also do what need. The UI is not as nice as WinZip and
    WinRAR, but it has an x64 version and it's free.

    John C., Jan 31, 2008