    automatically clean the ink head.
    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Flycaster

    Ivan the Spy Guest

    "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I know I saw it somewheres. You know, the HP application that allows one
    >to check out the print quality and/or to clean the print heads. I don't
    >think my printer is printing pictures well and I want to automatically
    >clean the ink head.

    Open Control Panel>Printers (or printers and faxes)
    Right-click on the name (model) of your printer and click Properties.
    On the dialogue box click the Maintenance tab at the top,
    (It may say Services on the tab )
    Click the button "Clean cartridges"
    It may give another button marked Prime Cartridges, this is normally only
    for new ones or if they have been out of use for some time.
    Lastly click the General tab and the Print Test Page button.
    Mike.

    Ivan the Spy, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Flycaster wrote:
    > I know I saw it somewheres. You know, the HP application that allows
    > one to check out the print quality and/or to clean the print heads. I
    > don't think my printer is printing pictures well and I want to
    > automatically clean the ink head.

    I have a 930c printer, so this may or may not help.

    Start, All Programs, Hewlett-Packard, Toolbox

    If that isn't on your computer, you could try going to the HP website and
    installing the latest full set of drivers. That's how I got mine.
    <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=60653&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 28, 2006