    trouble, and I think my problem is actually more with configuring the
    IAS server than the Cisco router. However, since I'm not sure, I need
    step-by-step on both boxes. Thanks.

    ttripp, Feb 5, 2008

  2. ttripp

    joebenz Guest

    Re: Need step-by-step inst. to configure 2801 router to use WindowsIAS RADIUS

    On Feb 5, 11:06 am, ttripp <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for step-by-step instructions on how to configure a Cisco
    > 2801 router to use a MS Win2K3 IAS server as a RADIUS box.  I'm having
    > trouble, and I think my problem is actually more with configuring the
    > IAS server than the Cisco router.  However, since I'm not sure, I need
    > step-by-step on both boxes.  Thanks.

    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035-6180954.html - IAS
    configuration

    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-6182945.html?tag=rbxccnbtr1#
    - Router configuration

    I haven't done this myself, so I cannot attest to it

    I have only configured IAS and RADIUS authentication for VPN users via
    ASA

    joebenz, Feb 6, 2008

  3. ttripp

    Intuitive Guest

    Re: Need step-by-step inst. to configure 2801 router to use WindowsIAS RADIUS

    I have done this before. In fact, my VPN router is still configured to
    use the IAS RADIUS server (which no longer exists.) Luckily, Cisco
    allows you to specify local user authentication if the RADIUS server is
    not contactable.

    Good luck :)

    Intuitive, Feb 7, 2008