Need some new headphones...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Any recommendations anyone ?

    Comfy comfy is a must.
    Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Robert Mathews

    art Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:04:08 +1200, "Robert Mathews"
    <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote:

    >Any recommendations anyone ?
    >
    >Comfy comfy is a must.

    I got some good TDK ones from the warehouse and they aren't bad for
    the price.
    art, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Robert Mathews

    Jay Guest

    Robert Mathews wrote:

    > Any recommendations anyone ?
    >
    > Comfy comfy is a must.

    Does it matter if the cheap plastic breaks after a few uses?
    If not try Koss.
    Jay, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Jay wrote:
    > Robert Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations anyone ?
    >>
    >> Comfy comfy is a must.

    > Does it matter if the cheap plastic breaks after a few uses?
    > If not try Koss.

    OK, might do. I'm particularly after some comfy/foam types, that rest nicely
    on the ears.

    I use some Seinhizer (sp?) at work, but not being a squillionare, they're a
    bit out of my price range. But they are fantastic headphones.
    Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Robert Mathews

    T.N.O Guest

    "Robert Mathews" wrote
    | OK, might do. I'm particularly after some comfy/foam types, that rest
    nicely
    | on the ears.

    I got given some Phillips ones a few years back, ~$80 at DSE, and they are
    comfy as any others I have used, and good sound too(well as good as my Live
    will put out)
    T.N.O, Aug 9, 2003
  6. Robert Mathews

    cOKe Guest

    Bought some Sennheiser HD 490 from a NZ web site CHCH I think really good
    service can't remember the name of it sorry! :)

    www.epinions.com has squillions of reviews about all sorts of products
    http://www.epinions.com/elec-Audio-Headphones-All - direct to headphones

    I'm really happy with my headphones!! as the driver coils in the headphones
    themselves are quiet large you need a loud signal from a receiver or a amp
    to get the best bass response from them, prolly not suitable for a discman
    or mp3 player. Also they like to share (really loud because they are open)
    this also means that they wouldn't work for DJing!!

    cOKe

    cOKe, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Robert Mathews

    cOKe Guest

    http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/ think this is it:)

    cOKe

    cOKe, Aug 10, 2003
  8. Robert Mathews

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:05:12 +1200, cOKe wrote:

    > Bought some Sennheiser HD 490 from a NZ web site CHCH I think really good
    > service can't remember the name of it sorry! :)

    [snip]

    The HD475's are also pretty good - much better that the budget Sennheisers,
    but not too dear. Not recommended for bass addicts, though.
    Murray Symon, Aug 10, 2003
  9. Robert Mathews

    Ali P Guest

    Ali P, Aug 10, 2003
  10. > Wow, these are some serious headphones ...
    > http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/Index.cfm?szOperation=ProductDetail&ID=37

    Yes, hand crafted by the villagers on the slopes of the Andes, each
    headphone is then personally carried on the back of a donkey to the airport,
    where it is then given its' own seat on the plane.

    Well at that price, that's what bloody well should be happening!
    Robert Mathews, Aug 10, 2003
  11. Robert Mathews

    art Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:21:15 +1200, "Robert Mathews"
    <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote:

    >> Wow, these are some serious headphones ...
    >> http://www.nzaudio.co.nz/Index.cfm?szOperation=ProductDetail&ID=37

    >Yes, hand crafted by the villagers on the slopes of the Andes, each
    >headphone is then personally carried on the back of a donkey to the airport,
    >where it is then given its' own seat on the plane.
    >
    >Well at that price, that's what bloody well should be happening!

    You pay for what you get. Although the TDK large format ones, with
    single side cord aren't bad for the price.
    art, Aug 10, 2003