    2,424
    As you know I've never had the oppertunity to actually put the Chopper PC to real use, it's too heavy for me to bring it down and hook it up at over 300lbs. Even with wheels, I can't roll it down stairs. So I was considering retiring the case and mod and putting the guts into a more managable mid tower case. Should I do this? I'd be able to at least USE the damned thing then.

    If so, what case should I put it in? What should be the backbone for the new mod that the guts from the Chopper go into?
    The Modfather, Mar 10, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Its not the insides that count Modfather :p u should know that!!!

    The Chopper is Sick outside, that is what modding is about, although the insides are good there, sometimes we can have everything.

    I reckon u should make a Slimline case? possibly 1U(Height)?
    unholy, Mar 10, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Not worried about it being slimline, the size isn't a problem, it's just that the Chopper, with its NoS bottle, tailpipes, big full tower case and all that, is just too heavy for me to even bring it downstairs to use it. I just want ot be able to finally make use of all that hardware I invested in.
    The Modfather, Mar 11, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Maybe u should invest in a Object Lift :p nah just joking, it would probably break that :|

    Considered using a testbed downstairs?
    unholy, Mar 12, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Object lift? You mean like a forklift? Yeah that'd work, but no, I do have a dolly and did think about using it with a few bunjie cords around it, but that'd scare the hell out of me. :)
    The Modfather, Mar 12, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    if you dont mind me asking... Whats a Dolly?
    unholy, Mar 12, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    They're also known as hand trucks, basically a frame with two wheels. Um, here, lemmy find a pic.

    [​IMG]

    I couldn't find any pics of an "object lift" so maybe it's the same thing?

    So I've pretty much decided on the mod I'm going to do, it's gonna be a wrestling mod, I need a doner case to start with though and I'd like one that has a nice finish or paint job to begin with, I'm not too keen on painting another case, just want to do the chop and build this time around. Any suggestions?
    The Modfather, Mar 13, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i meant a like thing talk does the work for u :p
    unholy, Mar 14, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Speaking no to you understooding make sense no, able say wordings not confused am not to get point making you are. English learn speak to please.
    The Modfather, Mar 14, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i dont like to speak english ,tit be a badish language fully of naughty words too. i think i said one in dis sentence :p

    [​IMG]

    Is a uber large object lift :p
    unholy, Mar 14, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Actually Unholy, if you'd paid attention in English, you woulda known that a fullstop means the END of a sentence :p So it was in the sentence before that one.
    XhArD, Mar 15, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    The aim was to try and make no sense what so ever. I guess it made sense, thats not fair :(.
    unholy, Mar 15, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I wish you'd try to make sense more often, ugh. Okay, can we get back to the topic at hand here?

    Here's the plan. I need a case that looks decent from the get go. I'd love to get my hands on one of those NZXT Lexa cases, i think that'd be ideal but I can't afford it at the moment. Anyway, the plan is to do the following.

    1. Attach the medallions from my championship belt to the case, the large one on the side with the window to light it from behind and the smaller side medallions probably located on the front of the case somehow with lighting from behind.

    2. Incorporate barbed wire into the design somehow. (ECW's logo has barbed wire wrapped around it and we used it a lot in our matches).

    3. Airbrush the ECW logo on the mobo side of the case.

    4. Add one of our old slogans somewhere, either "It's Not For Everyone" or "Our Big Boys Kick Ass" or something. Might use "EC F'N W" instead of the logo, haven't decided.

    ECW Logo:
    [​IMG]

    EC F'N W:
    [​IMG]

    5. Build a small scale model table, busted of course, for the top piece of the case.

    Buh-Buh Ray & Devon Dudley putting Tommy Dreamer through a flaming table:
    [​IMG]

    Anyone have any other cool ideas?
    The Modfather, Mar 15, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I would select a Cooler Master case (my choice would be a CM Stacker or the old ATC-710 - I have 2 of them), and install a large laser-etched window using that Buh-Buh Ray flame job picture. You could also get your medalion laser-etched and installed in the front panel (in the case of the ATC-710). I'm sure Hyperkore would do it for you. Tell Tommy that BigAl sent you. Oh, the new Sun Microsystems Ultra 40 has a nice case too.

    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
    bigal, Mar 15, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Make sure when buying a CM that the PSU is mounted from the Inside and not a Push through from the outside, thats why my machine is a non movable machine atm.

    I am using my CM Praetorian 731 to show u the Frame in which the Power Supply is withheld in. Although it looks good, its a bitch. for representation purposes the Titan Robela Chassis was also display :p and the Frame is the Bracket in which the PSU is screwed to which is then slid into the CM Case.

    MAKE SURE you dont get one of them. THEY are a BITCH!!!!

    As for ur Laser Etched Window the Guy being tossed on the flaming table would be good. Although highlight out the Ppl and the Table and the flames :)

    Attached Files:

    • 889.jpg
      889.jpg
      File size:
      98 KB
  16. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I didn't know Cooler Master made a frame for the PSU like that. Since some PSU's are larger than others (or actually deeper), that would be a big problem.
    bigal, Mar 16, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    So you wanna sell one of your cases maybe?

    What about the Antec Sonata? Or one of their cases? I kinda like their new one, lemmy find a pic.

    [​IMG]

    I like the clean lines of that case, also I like the brushed aluminum, it'd set off the medallions nicely.

    I dunno if I'd want that pic etched into a window though, but maybe some kind of etch. How much would it set me back Al?

    Also, why would I want my belt etched? It's already got my name on it.
    The Modfather, Mar 16, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    We said Side Panel :p Laser Atched Plexi :p

    That new case looks quite good. Whats the thing on the top at the back?
    unholy, Mar 16, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Both of my Cooler Master ATC-710 cases have been modded. One has three windows (top and both side panels), and the other one has a kidney-shaped window on the left side (when looking at the front). I don't think I want to sell these cases, mostly because one is already destined to be purchased (with it's system inside) by one of Tom's friends - when he gets the money. Another one of Tom's friends is very interested in the Globe of Retribution case (full Inwin tower with plasma globe in front). My other ATC-710 holds an excellent Athlon XP Barton 2500 system with RAID 0 dual 36GB Raptor drives. I use this system a lot, so I'd hate to see it go. The other two were not on my primary LAN (they were on the wireless LAN upstairs), and they didn't get used much.

    Anyway, I like the Antec Sonata case. There are just so many good cases now, it's hard to make a decision. How about a Thermaltake Armor case???
    bigal, Mar 16, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    You know how Modfather reacts to thermaltake gear............... (the dots were for Al to finish the sentence :p)

    Maybe you should get that one u showed, and make sure its all covered. I think thats the best way, even if u have to like print onto the side panels :p
    unholy, Mar 17, 2006