    i get no beeps and no video, any idea what might be wrong? I'm having
    to post from a MAC :0( , so PLEASE!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!! HELP
    ME!!!!!! lol
    Nook, May 28, 2004

  2. Nook

    Smoker Guest

    "Nook" <> wrote in message news:2004052722070616807%me@herecom...
    > OK, i ordered an Athlon XP 2800+, Asus A7V8X-X, 2x 512meg strips of
    > 3200mHz RAM, and a 350W power supply. The processor came already
    > installed on the motherboard as did the RAM. I installed the
    > motherboard then the power supply, then i connected all the IDE cables
    > and power cables, then my video card, a Radeon 9200 Pro. When I power
    > up the system, the case fans, power supply, and the CPU fans run, and
    > the green light on the motherboard is on, the hard drive spins up, but
    > i get no beeps and no video, any idea what might be wrong? I'm having
    > to post from a MAC :0( , so PLEASE!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!! HELP
    > ME!!!!!! lol

    Probably you have a piece of crap power supply and 350W is rarely enough
    these days although there's a lot more to it than that. Use known good
    brands like Antec or Enermax.
    Smoker, May 28, 2004

  3. Nook

    anon Guest

    Any one item of hardware could be dead, check and double check all cables,
    cards, reseat all items.
    If using a hd with o/s allready installed you will have to undertake a
    repair install of the o/s - thats *not* a new install.

    anon, May 28, 2004