    of thing all the time, but it's probably proprietary.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    Joseph

    Joseph O'Brien, May 1, 2007

  2. Joseph O'Brien

    John Bean Guest

    On 1 May 2007 03:29:30 -0700, Joseph O'Brien
    <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for software that will allow me to quickly and easily do
    >the following:
    >
    >1) Print hundreds of pictures at a time -- basically everything I pull
    >off a CF card
    >2) Print a preselected image on top of the picture (for example, print
    >a frame with the photo inside).
    >3) Select the number of prints I want of each photo in a thumbnail
    >view (much like online photo ordering).

    If you're using Windows look at Qimage.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, May 1, 2007

  3. On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:14:45 +0100, in rec.photo.digital John Bean
    <> wrote:

    >On 1 May 2007 03:29:30 -0700, Joseph O'Brien
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for software that will allow me to quickly and easily do
    >>the following:
    >>
    >>1) Print hundreds of pictures at a time -- basically everything I pull
    >>off a CF card
    >>2) Print a preselected image on top of the picture (for example, print
    >>a frame with the photo inside).
    >>3) Select the number of prints I want of each photo in a thumbnail
    >>view (much like online photo ordering).

    >If you're using Windows look at Qimage.

    I'm a long time user of Qimage, but if you had checked the headers of the
    OP, you would have seen he was posting from a Mac.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 1, 2007
  4. Joseph O'Brien

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:22:30 -0400, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to
    E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:14:45 +0100, in rec.photo.digital John Bean
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On 1 May 2007 03:29:30 -0700, Joseph O'Brien
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for software that will allow me to quickly and easily do
    >>>the following:
    >>>
    >>>1) Print hundreds of pictures at a time -- basically everything I pull
    >>>off a CF card
    >>>2) Print a preselected image on top of the picture (for example, print
    >>>a frame with the photo inside).
    >>>3) Select the number of prints I want of each photo in a thumbnail
    >>>view (much like online photo ordering).

    >>If you're using Windows look at Qimage.

    >I'm a long time user of Qimage, but if you had checked the headers of the
    >OP, you would have seen he was posting from a Mac.

    I did. But the machine he posts from probably isn't the
    machine that will be used in his production environment for
    mass printing - which is what I was referring to when I said
    "if you're using Windows...".

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, May 1, 2007
  5. Joseph O'Brien

    Jim Guest

    On 2007-05-01 06:29:30 -0400, Joseph O'Brien <> said:

    > I'm looking for software that will allow me to quickly and easily do
    > the following:
    >
    > 1) Print hundreds of pictures at a time -- basically everything I pull
    > off a CF card
    > 2) Print a preselected image on top of the picture (for example, print
    > a frame with the photo inside).
    > 3) Select the number of prints I want of each photo in a thumbnail
    > view (much like online photo ordering).
    >
    > Our studio is shooting a large event and everyone who attends gets a
    > picture. So, I need to tell at a glance how many people are in a
    > pictures and print one for every person in that photo. I know that
    > photoshop can do the thing with the frame, but I was wondering if
    > there is some very specialized software out there that would do
    > exactly this. I'm sure it must exist, because theme parks do this kind
    > of thing all the time, but it's probably proprietary.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.
    >
    > Joseph

    Sounds like a combination of PhotoShop batch and if you use the Mac,
    Apple Script. No other software needed.
    --
    Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    Jim, May 2, 2007
  6. Joseph O'Brien

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Joseph O'Brien <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for software that will allow me to quickly and easily do
    > the following:
    >
    > 1) Print hundreds of pictures at a time -- basically everything I pull
    > off a CF card
    > 2) Print a preselected image on top of the picture (for example, print
    > a frame with the photo inside).
    > 3) Select the number of prints I want of each photo in a thumbnail
    > view (much like online photo ordering).
    >
    > Our studio is shooting a large event and everyone who attends gets a
    > picture. So, I need to tell at a glance how many people are in a
    > pictures and print one for every person in that photo. I know that
    > photoshop can do the thing with the frame, but I was wondering if
    > there is some very specialized software out there that would do
    > exactly this. I'm sure it must exist, because theme parks do this kind
    > of thing all the time, but it's probably proprietary.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Someone else mentioned using AppleScript, but depending on what you
    need, and if you have Mac OS X 10.4, you can just use Automator. Open up
    Automator and look at the Actions available for Preview. This gets you
    as far as printing out all the images in a folder, and re-sizing them if
    you need.

    Automator apps can also run system scripts, so you could use ImageMagick
    to do the composite (putting a frame around the picture). ImageMagick is
    open-source, and is basically Photoshop on the command-line. You can get
    binaries for it, or install it through fink.

    HTH. Send an email if you need a consultant on this. :)

    --
    http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2007/070416_argument.html

    Paul Mitchum, May 2, 2007