    Can someone help me Thanks

    If I have to pay for software then so be it

    Terry C

    Terry C, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Terry C

    Terry C Guest

    Sorry Guys should have been DVD+RW and not DVD-RW

    Terry C, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Terry C

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Terry C"
    Date: Sat, Feb 5, 2005 5:31 PM

    "Terry C" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have just set up my new laptop want to play my own DVDs I record
    > on my Sony RDR GX3 but seem only to be able play shop DVD's
    >
    > Can someone help me Thanks
    >
    > If I have to pay for software then so be it
    >
    > Terry C
    >
    >><BR><BR>

    I am not sure the situation is similar enough to help you but if I burn DVD-R
    disks on my Panasonic DVD RECORDER WITHOUT FINALOZING THE DISK it won't play on
    my Mac. Is there provision for finalizing the DVD+RW and have you done so on
    your Sony Recorder? Also, have you tried just burning a DVD-R disk? They are
    cheap enough now that you might try that instead of a +RW disk.

    FredBillie, Feb 6, 2005
  4. Terry C

    Terry C Guest

    I don't No what you mean by Finalizing the disk would I have
    to do this manually I have tried both DVD+RW and DVD-R
    both will not play...........
    Terry

    Terry C, Feb 6, 2005
  5. Terry C

    Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:13:56 -0000, "Terry C"
    <> wrote:

    >I don't No what you mean by Finalizing the disk would I have
    >to do this manually I have tried both DVD+RW and DVD-R
    >both will not play...........
    >Terry

    -Rs need finalising - you do this on the Sony recorder ( not the
    computer)- look at your manual to see where this is on your machine -
    Tools Menu ? it should be where you can manually format
    +RWs finalise automatically - may be your PC drive wont read these? (
    can you open the dvd and see any files? )
    can you direct your dvd player on the pc to the directory on the dvd
    where the files are?

    , Feb 6, 2005
  6. Terry C

    Terry C Guest

    Hi

    Found the finalized button carried that out but still wont
    play downloaded real player 7 it can see the DVD and its contents
    chapters etc but still cannot play what makes me mad that this is
    a new computer thought everything would be here so I can play
    I found some software Nero installed hoped it had some DVD decoders
    but still wont play anybody tell me the next move

    Thanks Terry

    Terry C, Feb 6, 2005
  7. Terry C

    Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:25:33 -0000, "Terry C"
    <> wrote:
    Have you a copy of PowerDVD or WinonDVD lying around - these players
    usually come as freebies with new drives

    Do you have to enable Realplayer 7 to play dvds?

    what error messages do you get?

    >Found the finalized button carried that out but still wont
    >play downloaded real player 7 it can see the DVD and its contents
    >chapters etc but still cannot play what makes me mad that this is
    >a new computer thought everything would be here so I can play
    >I found some software Nero installed hoped it had some DVD decoders
    >but still wont play anybody tell me the next move
    >
    >Thanks Terry

    , Feb 7, 2005
  8. Terry C

    Terry C Guest

    Hi

    I downloaded Cliprex DVD Player that must have had some DVD decoders as now
    my DVD will play OK
    Thanks for all the help and support from the newsgroup
    Terry

    Terry C, Feb 7, 2005