    Thanks for your help

    --
    Walter

    Walter R., Jul 7, 2009

  2. Walter R.

    Walter R. Guest

    Actually, this DVD burning software is not 200 MB, it is 800 MB. This is
    ridiculous.

    --
    Walter
    www.rationality.net

    Walter R., Jul 7, 2009

  3. Walter R.

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <h2u55q$mdv$-september.org>, says...
    >I replaced my eight year old CD burner with an LG DVD burner.
    >
    >The new burner comes with a Nero Express software program of 200 MB. My old
    >software was only 6 MB and worked well.
    >
    >All I want to use the DVD burner for, is to watch a rare movie DVD, listen
    >to MP3 music, look at some jpg albums, burn an occasional data backup, maybe
    >copy a movie DVD. That's about it.
    >
    >Do I really need a 200 MB monster program to do this? I hate bloatware. Are
    >there any reasonably sized general purpose DVD reading and burning programs?

    I've used this one for basic stuff.

    http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

    The d/l is about 3.1 MB.

    whosbest54

    http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

    http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html

    whosbest54, Jul 7, 2009
  4. Walter R.

    JohnQPublic Guest

    Simple? I suppose anything is simple after you understand it. :) I've never
    found anything related to DVD software really simple, but understandable
    after some effort and experimentation.

    Nero is mostly bloat and crap IMHO, although I use their BackItUp and
    DiscSpeed utilities. I've installed their other stuff in the past but don't
    use it, so won't reinstall in future. I found some of it harmful to my op
    system, dangerous to try to uninstall. You must use their special
    uninstaller utility(s).

    The only thing on the free software discs that comes with LG burners that
    I've found
    really useful is Power DVD (5.0) from Cyberlink and their codecs. A later
    version didn't work very well on my older XP Home op system. It plays DVD
    movies fine and has all the versatility I want in that regard.

    Imgburn (free) is the definitely the best burning software.

    A combo of DVD Shrink, RipIt4Me, DVD Fab HD Decrypter, and FixVTS (all free)
    does all my ripping and editing chores.

    Windows Media Player and Windows op system graphic viewer handles whatever I
    want to do with music or photos, which isn't very much. I concentrate mostly
    on DVD movies.
    JQP

    JohnQPublic, Jul 12, 2009
  5. Walter R.

    daisyblue

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    If the DVD is not protected , you can just use Nero. But as I know, for protected DVDs, Nero does not work. You can try Daniusoft DVD Ripper, it works fine.

    daisyblue, Jul 15, 2009