    poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other programs
    running. Anybody have any ideas?

    George
    George, Jun 4, 2005

  2. George

    Ivor Jones Guest

    George wrote:
    > Hi Guys
    >
    > I think Ivor would be the best person to respond to this, but feel
    > whoever you are! I'm using Sipate, and I have noticed two
    > things...Firstly I need to try up to 20 times to get through to any
    > PSTN number ('an error has occured'). Also, sometimes, the quality
    > is excellent, other times it is choppy, and sounds like a mobile
    > with a poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other
    > programs running. Anybody have any ideas?
    >

    > George

    It would help to know the exact setup you're using, equipment, settings
    etc.

    If you'd like to do some tests email me direct with your number.

    --
    Ivor

    (replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)
    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > George wrote:
    >> Hi Guys
    >>
    >> I think Ivor would be the best person to respond to this, but feel
    >> whoever you are! I'm using Sipate, and I have noticed two
    >> things...Firstly I need to try up to 20 times to get through to any
    >> PSTN number ('an error has occured'). Also, sometimes, the quality
    >> is excellent, other times it is choppy, and sounds like a mobile
    >> with a poor signal. I have a 2Mb DSL connection, with no other
    >> programs running. Anybody have any ideas?
    >>

    >> George

    > It would help to know the exact setup you're using, equipment,
    > settings etc.
    >
    > If you'd like to do some tests email me direct with your number.
    >
    > --
    > Ivor
    >
    > (replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)

    Hi Ivor.

    At the moment, I'm using X-Lite v2. I do intend to purchase an ATA when
    I can get a reliable service though.
    Another point worth noting, is that I have no problem receiving incoming
    calls at all. Also, today, for the first time, I have been able to call
    who I want first time. All seems very strange!
    My computer set-up is as follows:-

    GlobespanVirata Viking ADSL Router - I have set up the NAT with a bimap
    rule for my PCs IP address, meaning that all ports are forwarded to that
    PC, so there is no issue with ports.

    I have set up X-lite exactly as described on the Sipgate website.

    George
    George, Jun 5, 2005