    signed,
    Confused About Cables.
    (Shel-hed)

    Shel-hed, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Shel-hed wrote:
    > I need to hook up an old hp-4p scsi scanner to a PCI card so I can use a newer
    > mobo with no ISA slots.
    > The scanner is currently working fine on a little itty-bitty ISA card. The plug
    > at the computer end is a 25 pin port that looks like a parallel port.
    > Confusion arises when I try to figure out what I need. My searches indicate
    > that an Adaptec 2940 will be OK, but I don't know what cable to get?
    > A local dude is selling a Adaptec 2930u for cheap
    > <http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=AHA-2930CU&cat=%2fTechnology%2fSCSI+(Desktop)%2fSCSI+Connections+for+PCs>
    > Will that be OK?
    > It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't need a legal size flatbed. :-/
    > Also , this thing just won't die.
    > So how do I get this thing working on a PCI card?
    > signed,
    > Confused About Cables.
    > (Shel-hed)

    I retired my 4P when I could no longer figger out how to get it to work
    in Win98, it was designed for Win 3.1 if I remember. Maybe it was Win95.
    If you'll send me the postage, I'll ship it to you. Don't know if years
    of sitting there has killed it or not. Paid about $1000 for it. Not that
    this helps with your current problem. Do you think I ramble on too much?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:43:45 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >I retired my 4P when I could no longer figger out how to get it to work
    >in Win98, it was designed for Win 3.1 if I remember. Maybe it was Win95.
    >If you'll send me the postage, I'll ship it to you. Don't know if years
    >of sitting there has killed it or not. Paid about $1000 for it. Not that
    >this helps with your current problem. Do you think I ramble on too much?

    Yes, you ramble too much. If you need a basic scanner, then the 4P is still
    fine. I have it working on 98se. If you are desperate, I'll send you copies of
    the floppies. There is a bit of a trick to avoid installing Paperport, but no
    biggie.
    My seeester paid about $900 for this thing. I traded her for a Filter Queen
    vacuum.. WTF does a guy need a vacuum for, eh?!

    Shel-hed, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Shel-hed wrote:

    > Yes, you ramble too much. If you need a basic scanner, then the 4P is still
    > fine. I have it working on 98se. If you are desperate, I'll send you copies of
    > the floppies. There is a bit of a trick to avoid installing Paperport, but no
    > biggie.
    > My seeester paid about $900 for this thing. I traded her for a Filter Queen
    > vacuum.. WTF does a guy need a vacuum for, eh?!

    Oh, I did some tricks and fooled it into working in Win98 for a while.
    But then one foul day, I pulled the ISA card out of the slot to test
    another card, didn't work, put everything back like it was, the scanner
    never worked again. Damn nice scanner, I have to admit.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Shel-hed wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:43:45 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >

    >>I retired my 4P when I could no longer figger out how to get it to work
    >>in Win98, it was designed for Win 3.1 if I remember. Maybe it was Win95.
    >>If you'll send me the postage, I'll ship it to you. Don't know if years
    >>of sitting there has killed it or not. Paid about $1000 for it. Not that
    >>this helps with your current problem. Do you think I ramble on too much?

    > Yes, you ramble too much. If you need a basic scanner, then the 4P is still
    > fine. I have it working on 98se. If you are desperate, I'll send you copies of
    > the floppies. There is a bit of a trick to avoid installing Paperport, but no
    > biggie.
    > My seeester paid about $900 for this thing. I traded her for a Filter Queen
    > vacuum.. WTF does a guy need a vacuum for, eh?!

    Something didn't seem right, so I checked. I've got the 4C, not 4P.
    Anyhow, I'm not desperate, I've got an HP scanner with better specs,
    uses USB cord, and cost me about $119 two or three years ago. And it
    weighs about 35 lbs less.

    As for needing a vacuum, other than a sex appliance I can't understand
    anyone wanting one.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Shel-hed

    Voltado Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Shel-hed wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:43:45 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>

    > As for needing a vacuum, other than a sex appliance I can't understand
    > anyone wanting one.

    What else would you want to use it for? Women don't stir martinis with
    their vibrators...or, ...

    Voltado, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Voltado wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Shel-hed wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:43:45 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >> As for needing a vacuum, other than a sex appliance I can't understand
    >> anyone wanting one.

    > What else would you want to use it for? Women don't stir martinis with
    > their vibrators...or, ...

    You never met my second wife, eh?
    --
    I have terrible taste in women. So to speak.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Shel-hed

    Wormesque Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Voltado wrote:
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> As for needing a vacuum, other than a sex appliance I can't
    >>> understand anyone wanting one.

    >> What else would you want to use it for? Women don't stir martinis
    >> with their vibrators...or, ...

    > You never met my second wife, eh?
    >
    > I have terrible taste in women. So to speak.

    I had a jacuzzi installed.
    --
    Licked that problem.

    Wormesque, Aug 6, 2005