Need SATA Controller drivers for Seagate ST380811AS to install Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sameer, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. Sameer

    Sameer Guest

    Dear All,
    I want to install Windows XP SP2 on my Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA
    Hard Disk (ST380811AS).
    My mother board is Gigabyte 81865GMe-775-RH.
    My hard disk is being detected by BIOS as got from the information
    displayed while the PC boots (LBA, SATA, 80 GB).
    It is on IDE Channel 0 Slave and my LG DVD Writer is on IDE Channel 1
    Master.
    Now i tried to install Windows XP on it, but the HDD is not being
    detected by Windows XP SP2.
    Then, I came to know from Internet that i have to supply the SATA
    Controller drivers to Windows XP in the installation process. This i
    have to search on Motherboard CD or from Internet.

    The readme.txt from the MB CD contains the following
    information(extracted):
    7) BootDrv
    If you want installing driver during new Windows OS
    to RAID/SCSI/Serial ATA SIDE.Please insert empty disk to floppy
    and run "..\\BootDrv\\menu.exe" under DOS mode environment for
    get
    driver.

    Is this the right exe that i have to execute to extract driver files?

    Upon running this utility, i got the menu choice:

    E:\BootDrv>menu
    1)IAA_RAID
    2)GIGARAID
    3)SiIBASE
    4)SiIRAID
    5)SCSI
    6)Promise 20276 ATA
    7)Promise 20276 RAID
    8)Promise 20265 ATA
    9)Promise 20265 ATA(XP)
    A)Promise 20265 RAID
    B)Promise 20265 RAID(XP)
    C)VIA 8237 Series ATA
    D)Si3114 Base
    E)Si3114 Raid
    F)SCSI HostRaid
    G)Hance Rapids Raid
    0)exit

    I dont know which option do i choose so that i can create a floppy for
    my Seagate SATA HDD?
    Do anybody have idea?

    I searched Internet and i got information on seagate.com about many of
    the sites of SATA controllers. One of the link is:

    http://www.siig.com/driver.asp?catid=80&pid=467

    I have downloaded
    ftp://www.siig.com/sc-sat212_win98-XP_v10047.exe file from the site.
    Is it useful driver file for my Seagate SATA HDD?

    Please help me ASAP.

    Thanks in advance.

    -Sameer

    Sameer, Apr 17, 2007

  2. Sameer

    old man Guest

    You need the driver for the raid controler your are connecting your hd to.
    Your mobo manual will show which controler you are connected to

    "Sameer" <> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    > I want to install Windows XP SP2 on my Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA
    > Hard Disk (ST380811AS).
    > My mother board is Gigabyte 81865GMe-775-RH.
    > My hard disk is being detected by BIOS as got from the information
    > displayed while the PC boots (LBA, SATA, 80 GB).
    > It is on IDE Channel 0 Slave and my LG DVD Writer is on IDE Channel 1
    > Master.
    > Now i tried to install Windows XP on it, but the HDD is not being
    > detected by Windows XP SP2.
    > Then, I came to know from Internet that i have to supply the SATA
    > Controller drivers to Windows XP in the installation process. This i
    > have to search on Motherboard CD or from Internet.
    >
    > The readme.txt from the MB CD contains the following
    > information(extracted):

    ..
    > 7) BootDrv
    > If you want installing driver during new Windows OS
    > to RAID/SCSI/Serial ATA SIDE.Please insert empty disk to floppy
    > and run "..\\BootDrv\\menu.exe" under DOS mode environment for
    > get
    > driver.

    ..

    old man, Apr 17, 2007

  3. Sameer

    why? Guest

    On 17 Apr 2007 05:58:44 -0700, Sameer wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >I want to install Windows XP SP2 on my Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA
    >Hard Disk (ST380811AS).
    >My mother board is Gigabyte 81865GMe-775-RH.
    >My hard disk is being detected by BIOS as got from the information
    >displayed while the PC boots (LBA, SATA, 80 GB).
    >It is on IDE Channel 0 Slave and my LG DVD Writer is on IDE Channel 1
    >Master.

    Why not IDE Channel 0 Master?

    Seems a bit of an odd feature, remapping SATA drives to IDE ports, page
    34 of the manual.

    I still like the old way, IDE to boot from with OS, always works then
    add SATA / drivers later.

    >Now i tried to install Windows XP on it, but the HDD is not being
    >detected by Windows XP SP2.
    >Then, I came to know from Internet that i have to supply the SATA
    >Controller drivers to Windows XP in the installation process. This i
    >have to search on Motherboard CD or from Internet.

    From the version 2.0 motherboard manual chapter 3, Drivers Installation.

    1 of the options is hardware information, this should list the SATA
    controller info that matches the list that was snipped.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Apr 17, 2007