    Thanks for any input,

    Scott
    , Jan 4, 2004

  2. yudu2 Guest

    > I have a Sony 7700 DVD/CD, a Toshiba 14" TV, SA dig cable box and a
    > preamp with my Mac G4 hooked into it. I need a remote that will control
    > the Sony 77700, the Toshiba/SA TV cable box and to have switching
    > abilty to switch betwen the G4(MP's 3's, internet radio) and the Sony
    > 7700 DVD player.

    Check and see if your TV's remote may be able to do this, read the
    instruction manual. Any good TV remote today is usually able to be
    programmed to run all your other devices.

    If not, go out any buy a universal remote, it will run everything.

    > I'd like to keep most of the functions of each of the
    > remotes in one.

    After you do this, you will find that each remote is better designed for
    each unit much better than any one remote can ever be designed for. You
    will go back to using each of the separate remotes. And why not?
    What is the big deal anyway? Doesn't take up much more space to have
    one remote or three.
    yudu2, Jan 4, 2004