    it. What I'm doing is planning my "retirement". I used to be a
    professional photographer a long time ago and would like to find a niche in
    that field now. Thanks.......
    +++Bobby \O\+++, Oct 15, 2005

  2. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Guest

    +++Bobby "O"+++ trolls:

    > I am willing to pay top dollar (if necessary) to get the best 35mm digital
    > camera and flash. It doesn't have to be right now - maybe the first half of
    > next year. I'm looking for recommendations based on what's available now.

    On the one hand, you say it "doesn't have to be right now" and on the
    other hand, you want recommendations for "what's available now".

    Well, Mr. +++Bobby "O"+++, your first troll is a complete failure. You
    need to read the Rules. As a public service, I'll repeat them now:

    The first rule of trolling is: don't troll.

    The second rule of trolling is: don't troll.

    If someone clues onto your troll, the troll is over.

    Only one troll per newsgroup.

    Only one troll at a time.

    The troll goes on for as long as it needs to.

    If this is your first troll, try to make sense.

    For more information, see:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_club

    There are chapters in most cities.
    , Oct 15, 2005

  3. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Proteus Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:22:47 -0400, +++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

    > I am willing to pay top dollar (if necessary) to get the best 35mm digital
    > camera and flash. ..

    If money is no object, you can buy a 12-15 megapixel digital SLR,
    essentially a medium format camera, with lots of lenses. Then get a kick
    ass computer fast as greased lightning, with a few gigs of RAM, and a 12"
    digital Pen tablet from Wacom.
    Proteus, Oct 15, 2005
  4. "+++Bobby "O"+++" <> wrote in message
    >I am willing to pay top dollar (if necessary) to get the best 35mm digital
    >camera and flash. It doesn't have to be right now - maybe the first half
    >of next year. I'm looking for recommendations based on what's available
    >now. I like to work with a zoom lens (wide angle to telephoto - the longer
    >the range, the better). The type of work I do is varied - and I know how
    >to use Photoshop (not an expert). If you need more info in order to reply,
    >just ask. If you make a reco, I'd also like to know the approx. cost if
    >you know it. What I'm doing is planning my "retirement". I used to be a
    >professional photographer a long time ago and would like to find a niche in
    >that field now. Thanks.......

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=10598

    Around $7,000.

    Figure on at least $3,000 more for lenses.

    580EX flash about $450.

    Memory card or cards at least $200

    Fast computer, software, printer, filters, tripod, spare battery, possibly a
    battery grip, remote release, etc.
    Charles Schuler, Oct 15, 2005
  5. I don't consider my posting "trolling." I'd like to know what's good 'now'
    so I can use it as a basis for comparison between now and when I decide to
    buy. When I decide to buy is up in the air and is dependent on a lot of
    variables.

    +++Bobby \O\+++, Oct 15, 2005
  6. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Gormless Guest

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" <> wrote in message
    > I am willing to pay top dollar (if necessary) to get the best 35mm digital
    > camera and flash. It doesn't have to be right now - maybe the first half

    of
    > next year. I'm looking for recommendations based on what's available now.
    > I like to work with a zoom lens (wide angle to telephoto - the longer the
    > range, the better). The type of work I do is varied - and I know how to

    use
    > Photoshop (not an expert). If you need more info in order to reply, just
    > ask. If you make a reco, I'd also like to know the approx. cost if you

    know
    > it. What I'm doing is planning my "retirement". I used to be a
    > professional photographer a long time ago and would like to find a niche

    in
    > that field now. Thanks.......

    With all your many other skills I'd have thought you capable of finding a
    few web sites to guide you.
    Gormless, Oct 15, 2005
  7. +++Bobby \O\+++

    Guest

    +++Bobby "O"+++ top posts like a trolling goofball:

    > I don't consider my posting "trolling."

    Did you read the rules I posted? They specifically say that when
    someone clues into the troll, the troll is over.

    > I'd like to know what's good 'now'
    > so I can use it as a basis for comparison between now and when I decide to
    > buy. When I decide to buy is up in the air and is dependent on a lot of
    > variables.

    You still don't get it. Let me be blunt then: there is no evidence in
    hand that you have any money at all, let alone enough to buy
    photographic equipment at "top dollar". Even if you could produce such
    evidence, the fact still remains that your approach to the problem is
    completely without merit. If you want to buy "top dollar" "then", then
    why care what "top dollar" will purchase "now"?

    Your troll is over.
    , Oct 17, 2005