    reputable brand
    only have about $350 to spend

    Any suggestions?

    Brigitte, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Brigitte wrote:
    > I am getting married in October, going to Jamaica. I would love a digital
    > camera to take with me. I have been looking at everything online and it has
    > definitely served to overwhelm me. Here is what I need/want - could someone
    > please give me their recommendation?
    >
    > want at least 3.2
    > would like to be able to later buy additional lenses, but I guess that is
    > not an absolute must
    > relatively small, but doesn't have to be pocket size - definitely at least
    > palm size
    > reputable brand
    > only have about $350 to spend

    Additional lenses and palm size? Nope. Not going to happen.

    This is a very nice tool for narrowing things down:

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

    Andrew McDonald, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Brigitte

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Checkout the Fuji A303. 3.2 MP, 3x zoom, 2 AA batteries.
    Price $238.59 at pcnation.com. Will leave you enough money to buy extra 128 Mb
    XD card. About the size of a pack of cigarettes.

    No extra lenses.
    I bought it a Christmas as a carry along camera for grabshots and like it very
    much.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Brigitte

    Mark B. Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure how much it is...
    > but the A70 is somewhat palm size...3.2mp.....3x zoom....can use

    additional
    > lenses....and uses 4AAs (so it's a tad on the heavy side imo).
    > hope it helps!
    > -J

    I'll second that recommendation...probably the smallest, least expensive 3mp
    cam that will take add-on lenses. B&H has it for $300.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 8, 2003
  5. Brigitte

    Ian S Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Checkout the Fuji A303. 3.2 MP, 3x zoom, 2 AA batteries.
    > Price $238.59 at pcnation.com. Will leave you enough money to buy extra

    128 Mb
    > XD card. About the size of a pack of cigarettes.

    Best Buy has it this week for $250 plus they throw in a 64 MB Fuji xD card
    and a Lowepro camera bag. Also, many Bestbuy customers got in the mail a 10%
    off coupon good through this weekend.

    Ian S, Aug 8, 2003