    yards across the field and into the far corner.

    Any help / pointers you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Joe
    Joe Martella, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Joe Martella

    Phil Philipp Guest

    There is a good discussion and recommendations here, but I could not get
    the link to work this morning:

    http://www.photo.net/equipment/canon/300D/EOS_300D_lenses.html

    Phil Philipp, Jan 11, 2004

  3. On 2004-01-11, Joe Martella <> wrote:
    > I just replaced my Olympus UZ-2100 with a Canon Digital Rebel. I bought the
    > kit with the 18-55mm lens, and it is fine enough for standard portrait pics,
    > but I need a lens that will get me across a soccer field, which the Olympus
    > did pretty well with its 10x optical zoom.

    Get the Canon 75-300mm IS if on a budget,
    or the 70-200mm L IS or the 100-400mm L IS

    Povl H. Pedersen, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Joe Martella

    Joe Martella Guest

    Great link. Thanks very much.

    JM

    Joe Martella, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Joe Martella

    Digital Puer Guest

    I second the recommendation for that web page. It's the one I
    consulted most often when I was looking for new lenses for
    my 300D I bought last month. Take a look at those lenses and
    cross-check heavily with opinions on www.photographyreview.com.

    Digital Puer, Jan 13, 2004