    recommend a replacement. It needs to be firewire, DVD -r, dvd+r

    Please include model #'s with your suggestions if possible.

    thanks
    googleplex, Aug 26, 2007

  2. ChairmanOfTheBored, Aug 26, 2007

  3. googleplex

    def456 Guest

    "googleplex" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, everyone,
    >
    > I need to replace my old Sony dvd drive / burner. Can anyone
    > recommend a replacement. It needs to be firewire, DVD -r, dvd+r

    Why not an internal drive? It's fairly easy to install an optical drive.
    Unplug the old one, and plug in the new one, same connections. Or if you've
    got an unused 5.5" drive bay, put it in as a second drive (slave/master).
    def456, Aug 27, 2007
  4. googleplex

    googleplex Guest

    Re: need recommendation for external dvd drive

    Because it used with different computers in different locations...

    Does ANYONE have a recommendation for a good external DVD burner?
    googleplex, Aug 31, 2007