    TIA

    __
    Deet
    deet, May 17, 2006

  2. deet

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, says...
    > My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    > want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    > software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    > space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > __
    > Deet

    Cost $0

    www.free-av.com

    Cost $0
    Flying Rat, May 17, 2006

  3. deet

    beenthere Guest

    <deet> wrote in message news:446b1ddd.4824155@localhost...
    > My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    > want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    > software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    > space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

    AVG free from Grisoft
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
    beenthere, May 17, 2006
  4. deet

    Leythos Guest

    In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
    > My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    > want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    > software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    > space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

    Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not rated
    high and people will recommend it.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, May 17, 2006
  5. deet

    deet Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:21:03 +0100, Flying Rat <>
    wrote:

    deet

    >Cost $0
    >
    >www.free-av.com
    >
    >Cost $0

    Thanks, I'll check these out -- if nothing else, the price is sure
    right.
    __
    Deet
    deet, May 17, 2006
  6. deet

    deet Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:38:11 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    wrote:

    ><deet> wrote in message news:446b1ddd.4824155@localhost...
    >> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    >> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    >> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    >> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?
    >>

    >AVG free from Grisoft
    >http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    Thanks for the info--I'll check it out
    __
    Deet
    deet, May 17, 2006
  7. deet

    deet Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:10:19 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
    >> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    >> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    >> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    >> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

    >http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    >
    >Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not rated
    >high and people will recommend it.

    Thanks for letting me know about the comparatives.org site. It's
    going into my bookmarks right away.

    __
    Deet
    deet, May 17, 2006
  8. Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only
    Norton or Symantec program I will use. An older version of Norton
    Ghost at that.

    I have been using and recommend highly Kaspersky 6.0. I didn't
    like 5.0 much, but looooove 6.0.

    I tried out Kaspersky Personal Internet Security 6.0 which has it
    all....antivirus, antihacker, antispam, anti-everything. Normally
    I also do not like an all-in-one program, but this one is different.
    Try it free for thirty days and then make your decision.

    http://www.kaspersky.com

    Just make sure you uninstall the Symantec "virus" completely, including
    the registry and delete the folder from Program Files....and don't forget
    the "Live Update" junk either. It can be a pain in the ass to remove, so
    good luck!....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 17, 2006
  9. deet

    pantomime Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    > Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

    Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?
    pantomime, May 17, 2006
  10. "pantomime" <> wrote news:e4fnce$tej$:

    > "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...
    >> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

    > Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?

    ME? A sockpuppet for PC....BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    This is me and has ALWAYS been me. I'm no sockpuppet.

    http://rosee.50megs.com/photo.html

    .....at the bottom, below the substitue Easter bunny.

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 17, 2006
  11. deet

    John Holmes Guest

    @}-}-------Rosee blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "pantomime" <> wrote
    >
    >> "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...
    >>> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

    >> Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?

    > ME? A sockpuppet for PC....BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    >
    > This is me and has ALWAYS been me. I'm no sockpuppet.
    >
    > http://rosee.50megs.com/photo.html
    >
    > ....at the bottom, below the substitue Easter bunny.

    You're on the left, eh?

    --
    Your mother was an egocentric hobo who used to used to play tennis at the
    local flea market.
    John Holmes, May 17, 2006
  12. deet

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Xns97C670FC01C70roseeneener@216.196.97.140>, !!
    GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com says...
    > Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only
    > Norton or Symantec program I will use. An older version of Norton
    > Ghost at that.

    Actually, Symantec Corporate Edition is really lite on resources and
    very good, even filters SMTP, Exchange, POP connections.

    Norton 2006 is bad, I've purchased about 30 seats and removed each one,
    and actually got a full refund for it. The most resource hoggish I've
    ever used of any of them.

    Ghost 2003 is still a great tool and works with Servers and
    Workstations, and I've even cloned Linux installs with it.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, May 18, 2006
  13. deet

    ellis_jay Guest

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Norton-Removal-Tool.shtml

    > deet wrote news:446b1ddd.4824155@localhost:
    >
    >> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    >> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
    >> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
    >> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?
    >>
    >> TIA

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, May 18, 2006
  14. deet

    ellis_jay Guest

    @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    > "pantomime" <> wrote
    >
    >> "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...
    >>> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

    >> Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?

    > ME? A sockpuppet for PC....BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    >
    > This is me and has ALWAYS been me. I'm no sockpuppet.
    >
    > http://rosee.50megs.com/photo.html
    >
    > ....at the bottom, below the substitue Easter bunny...costume

    O yeah!!

    ellis_jay, May 18, 2006
  15. deet

    ellis_jay Guest

    deet wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:10:19 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
    >>> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
    >>> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there
    >>> antiviral software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much
    >>> harddrive space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

    >> http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    >>
    >> Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not
    >> rated high and people will recommend it.

    > Thanks for letting me know about the comparatives.org site. It's
    > going into my bookmarks right away.
    >
    > __
    > Deet

    Avg free from Grisoft-without a doubt.

    ellis_jay, May 18, 2006
  16. deet

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > deet wrote:
    > > On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:10:19 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
    > >>
    > >> http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    > >>
    > >> Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not
    > >> rated high and people will recommend it.

    > > Thanks for letting me know about the comparatives.org site. It's
    > > going into my bookmarks right away.
    > >
    > > __
    > > Deet

    > Avg free from Grisoft-without a doubt.

    Read the detection rate on the site - I've got enough Sorority residents
    using AVG Free that I know it's not any good in a "Wild" environment.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, May 18, 2006
  17. deet

    Steve B. Guest

    AVG has a go price and it is for 3 years.

    Steve B., May 19, 2006
  18. "ellis_jay" <> wrote news:vtWdnbdkxffRxvHZRVn-
    :

    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    >> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only
    >> Norton or Symantec program I will use. An older version of Norton
    >> Ghost at that.
    >>
    >> I have been using and recommend highly Kaspersky 6.0. I didn't
    >> like 5.0 much, but looooove 6.0.
    >>
    >> I tried out Kaspersky Personal Internet Security 6.0 which has it
    >> all....antivirus, antihacker, antispam, anti-everything. Normally
    >> I also do not like an all-in-one program, but this one is different.
    >> Try it free for thirty days and then make your decision.
    >>
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com
    >>
    >> Just make sure you uninstall the Symantec "virus" completely,
    >> including the registry and delete the folder from Program
    >> Files....and don't forget the "Live Update" junk either. It can be a
    >> pain in the ass to remove, so good luck!....;o)

    <schnippen>

    > http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Norton-Removal-
    > Tool.shtml

    It doesn't get everything. I'd rather remove it manually, as I don't
    trust any code that needs special uninstall code to remove shitty code.
    That way I'm sure the piece of junk is removed.....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 19, 2006
  19. "ellis_jay" <> wrote news:GZydnYZF9ZM_xvHZRVn-
    :

    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    <schnippen>
    >> ME? A sockpuppet for PC....BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    >>
    >> This is me and has ALWAYS been me. I'm no sockpuppet.
    >>
    >> http://rosee.50megs.com/photo.html
    >>
    >> ....at the bottom, below the substitue Easter bunny...

    > O yeah!!

    She's a cutie. Her personality reminds me of Kelly Rippa, except
    Cami is side-splitting, cheek-hurting, bust-a-gut funny....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 19, 2006
  20. deet

    Guest

    Deet- let me tell you..drop Norton AV and don't look back. There are
    much less invasive products out there. No MacAfee isn't one of them. I
    use Grisoft's AVG (its freeware to boot) and I've yet to have one virus
    get through. I even periodically check with Symantec's products, no
    viruses found. Can't beat something that works and is free.
    , May 19, 2006