    Can anyone recommend a good ISDN simulator for CCNP and CCIE
    study? Only unbiased opinions, please (no sales pitches).
    Thanks very much.
    Kent T., Dec 13, 2003

  2. Hi Kent !

    Kent T. wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good ISDN simulator for CCNP and CCIE
    > study? Only unbiased opinions, please (no sales pitches).

    You have 2 general sensible options : ISND simulator, or real ISDN PBX

    For about 600$ : ISND simulator
    Example : http://www.cheapisdn.com/

    For about 200$ : real PBX PC ISA card
    Example :
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3446100674&category=8059,
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3370720371&category=9421

    The real issue is not really price, ISND simulator is handier but does
    it allow all usages needed for certification ? Of course real ISDN PBX
    will, although much less handy.

    Best regards.
    Eric LEMAITRE, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Eric LEMAITRE wrote:

    > For about 200$ : real PBX PC ISA card
    > Example :
    > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3446100674&category=8059,
    > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3370720371&category=9421
    >
    > The real issue is not really price, ISND simulator is handier but does
    > it allow all usages needed for certification ? Of course real ISDN PBX
    > will, although much less handy.

    This card is really great, we have been using them for Cisco courses in
    several years, you may also find PRI-cards and analog cards. However,
    you alse need software, and that's not free...

    Also, as far as I know, they only support European ISDN. Check with the
    current manufacturer:

    http://www.tevitel.de/

    -Anders
    Anders Lagerqvist, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Kent T.

    Schmuck Guest

    Anders Lagerqvist:

    <snip>

    Ok.. completely offtopic.. but I just needed to say that "Lagerqvist"
    has to be the coolest surname I've come across in a long time.

    Some of us are just born lucky....

    Matt
    Schmuck, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Why is that?