    recommend (at a reasonable cost, of course). I imagine I'll check out EBAY
    once I get some recommendations!

    MB
    MB_, Oct 19, 2004

  2. MB_

    Dave Cohen Guest

    MB_ wrote:
    > I just bought my first digital camera today. I decided on the Canon A75
    > after reading reviews and getting input from this group.
    >
    > Now, I know its been answered here before, but I'll ask again anyway:
    >
    > The camera comes with 4 AA alkaline batteries. I believe it was indicated
    > that I could get tons more pictures per battery set by going to rechargeable
    > batteries, but what brand/type of batteries and charging unit do you
    > recommend (at a reasonable cost, of course). I imagine I'll check out EBAY
    > once I get some recommendations!
    >
    > MB
    > pick

    Go to Walmart and look for the fast charger with 4 NiMH digital cells at
    just under $17, includes an auto cord. Now you will get numerous posts
    telling you such a charger doesn't monitor each individual cell, isn't
    the fastest charger on the block (arond two hours after removal from
    camera, doesn't play music etc. Trouble is the others cost a lot more.
    If you like spending money get one of those. Avoid those that rely on a
    timer.
    I use 4 AA's in my A40 as a set. If one should go bad (none have so
    far), I would no longer use that set in the camera, so while monitoring
    each cell is nice, at the end of the day it isn't buying me much. I can
    get upto 350 shots on a set of AA's in canon A40 if taken withing a two
    or three week period. I can get around 200 shots over a 20 week period.
    NiMH's will lose charge over time, but 20 weeks is a long time for
    camera usage, I'm sure I'm taking less pics than most.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Oct 19, 2004